Avengers: Endgame

The Gnat

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Social media reactions are online from last night's world premiere. All I've seen is universal praise.

Full review embargo lifts this afternoon.

Full reviews are very positive.  More fan-pleasing than great movie making from some critics, but almost everyone saying it's an epic conclusion that will satisfy every fan.

Holy smokes. That was the most epic film experience I've ever had. Even more epic than last year by a huge margin. What I saw on film, I didn't think was even possible. I'm more emotionally drained that last year. Already seeing it again tomorrow with my wife.

I live in Macau, and I've never witnessed so much emotion in a theater here before. People are usually reserved at the cinema. Definitely not this time. It was surreal. I can't imagine how awesome it will be with American audiences. That's the only regret I have seeing it here. 

I hate to gatekeep, but in my opinion if you read spoilers, you're just cheating yourself out of a once in a lifetime experience. Absorbing the narrative for the first time through simply reading a synopsis or worse leaks, just isn't the same. This film is clearly the culmination of the entire MCU rolled into one. It's a love letter to the fans that have invested their time in watching, and even though Marvel is going to continue after this, Endgame clearly feels like the end of a long emotional 10 year odyssey. Marvel could stop making movies today, and it would be perfect. 

The Russo Bros. were clearly the right team for this job. Clearly. 

8 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I hate to gatekeep, but in my opinion if you read spoilers, you're just cheating yourself out of a once in a lifetime experience. Absorbing the narrative for the first time through simply reading a synopsis or worse leaks, just isn't the same.

I agree with this so much, but I know I'm going to be too damn tempted, and I fear I might spoil it for myself.  So please PM me the answer to the following questions, regardless of how spoilery they are: 

1. How many of Thor, Captain America and Iron Man die and seem to be dead forever?
2. Is there a mutant/X-Men tease of any kind at any point?
3. Does time travel change events of previous MCU movies? 

I will be content with a simple number for the first question (don't need to know who) and yes or no for the next two.

Otherwise, I'm gonna have to spoil it for myself.  Your move. 

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I agree with this so much, but I know I'm going to be too damn tempted, and I fear I might spoil it for myself.  So please PM me the answer to the following questions, regardless of how spoilery they are: 

1. How many of Thor, Captain America and Iron Man die and seem to be dead forever?
2. Is there a mutant/X-Men tease of any kind at any point?
3. Does time travel change events of previous MCU movies? 

I will be content with a simple number for the first question (don't need to know who) and yes or no for the next two.

Otherwise, I'm gonna have to spoil it for myself.  Your move. 

I PM'd you, and saved yourself from making a bad decision. If you're still tempted after that, then...yeah, that's on you :)

When are you seeing the film? 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

I PM'd you, and saved yourself from making a bad decision. If you're still tempted after that, then...yeah, that's on you :)

When are you seeing the film? 

Hopefully Sunday morning.  I cannot go when it's packed with people since I hate that atmosphere. 

16 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Thats slightly disappointing, but I wouldnt be surprised if the next phase is teased at the end of Spider-Man since its technically the end of this phase.

Yeah. I haven't seen the movie yet but The Chive had a post where two writers saw the premiere and said there was no end credits stuff. Makes total sense.

44 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Thats slightly disappointing, but I wouldnt be surprised if the next phase is teased at the end of Spider-Man since its technically the end of this phase.

Is that official?  I'd kinda think Endgame would be the end of this phase.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Is that official?  I'd kinda think Endgame would be the end of this phase.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/spider-man-far-from-home-endgame-mcu-phase-3

Speaking to Bilibili at an event in Shanghai, Feige said that Marvel's Phase 3 will conclude with Spider-Man: Far From Home, not Avengers: Endgame, as many might think.

In reference to Far From Home, Feige says, “It’s the end of the third phase. You’re the first one I’ve told that to.”

On 4/23/2019 at 4:34 PM, seminoles1 said:

Full reviews are very positive.  More fan-pleasing than great movie making from some critics, but almost everyone saying it's an epic conclusion that will satisfy every fan.

Yea well what do those people know. This isn't a art house film.

Archived