Avengers: Endgame

The Gnat

$2.188B in 11 days - Endgame has now passed Titanic as the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time. It took the #1 movie (Avatar) about 50 days to reach the $2B mark, so I think it's safe to say that Endgame should take the top spot within a month or so.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

$2.188B in 11 days - Endgame has now passed Titanic as the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time. It took the #1 movie (Avatar) about 50 days to reach the $2B mark, so I think it's safe to say that Endgame should take the top spot within a month or so.

i read that a lot of the $$ generated now have to do with the emerging Chinese market for films, which is relatively new.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

i read that a lot of the $$ generated now have to do with the emerging Chinese market for films, which is relatively new.

I read it's why Avatar held the top spot for as long as it has - it has such a great reception in China, and the belief is that Avatar 2 will eventually take the top spot away from Endgame. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I read it's why Avatar held the top spot for as long as it has - it has such a great reception in China, and the belief is that Avatar 2 will eventually take the top spot away from Endgame. 

It won't have a shot in hell. 

Surprisingly it beat out TFA’s 2nd weekend NA record (barely).   For a May weekend vs. a Xmas holiday weekend that’s staggering. 

It seems like the #1 worldwide record is a given.   NA iffier given TFA faced no serious competition for 2 months and still had an extra holiday week.    The fact Endgame is still holding a 70+ percent global makeup seems a lock to unseat Avatar.  

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

Then Secret wars ten years from now will take the spot away from Avatar 2..lol

• Like 1