My Way Too Early Mock Draft

LoganF89

I have us picking anywhere between 10-15 for this year

Josh Norman gets traded to the 49ers for a 4th round pick , SF defense is horrible and they have the cap space to take on his contract.

TRADE-- Oakland Trades their 2nd pick in the first round from dallas and their own 2nd round pick to washington for our 1st rounder, Oakland jumps teams vying for a WR to take either Harry, Brown, or Harmon

1)Montez Sweat DE/OLB MISS ST.

2)Will Grier QB WVU

2)Trayvon Mullen CB Clemson

3)David Sills WR WVU

3 comp) Martez Ivy OG Florida

4)Damien Harris RB Alabama

5)Kendall Joseph ILB Clemson

5 comp) Tyler Petite TE USC

6) Brett Rypien QB Boise ST.

6 comp) Alec Eberle OC FSU

7)Joe Lowery OT Ohio St.

7)Jon Runyan OG Michigan

I dont think there is anyway we can go into next year without drafting a QB, and I want to double down on them, I think Colt starts the season off but Will Grier will be pushing to start and we need to carry 3, rypien just makes for a good story for the skins but hes also a good qb

my 7th round picks were basically more bodies to try and get some oline depth and find a diamond in the rough, 

I didnt go ILB early bc we dont know what the future holds for foster, I think the top 5 picks can all make an impact. 

I want to see some drafts from you guys, I know its really early but just want to see guys yall want to target and team needs

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

Josh Norman gets traded to the 49ers for a 4th round pick , SF defense is horrible and they have the cap space to take on his contract.

TRADE-- Oakland Trades their 2nd pick in the first round from dallas and their own 2nd round pick to washington for our 1st rounder, Oakland jumps teams vying for a WR to take either Harry, Brown, or Harmon

2)Will Grier QB WVU

3)David Sills WR WVU

7)Joe Lowery OT Ohio St.

7)Jon Runyan OG Michigan

I dont think there is anyway we can go into next year without drafting a QB, and I want to double down on them, I think Colt starts the season off but Will Grier will be pushing to start and we need to carry 3, rypien just makes for a good story for the skins but hes also a good qb

my 7th round picks were basically more bodies to try and get some oline depth and find a diamond in the rough, 

I didnt go ILB early bc we dont know what the future holds for foster, I think the top 5 picks can all make an impact. 

I want to see some drafts from you guys, I know its really early but just want to see guys yall want to target and team needs

I could live with that draft.

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

2)Will Grier QB WVU

3)David Sills WR WVU

7)Joe Lowery OT Ohio St.

7)Jon Runyan OG Michigan

I could also get on with this draft.

BTW - Rypien is one of the guys I want to also take in Day 2. I don't think he lasts until the 6th. Other than 2017 (when he was still pretty good) he's been fairly prolific at QB. And he's a 4 year starter. Which teams like to see when drafting a QB.

He's also Mark's nephew.

1. DeAndre Baker, CB Georgia - Josh Norman is getting older and has been up and down his entire career here. If we keep building our defense, we could have a potential young unit to get excited about. I don't know if Baker will fall to #16 if he runs fast. I think we are going to end up picking closer to #10 so I think we'll be able to get Baker or Greedy.

2. Michael Jordan, LG Ohio State - The team has had a huge hole on LG for a while now. This draft isn't loaded at guard so we might have to grab one in Free Agency as well.

3. Deebo Samuel, WR South Carolina - This draft is absolutely loaded at WR and I think we can get some great value in round 2, 3 and 4.

3. *comp pick Anthony Johnson, WR Buffalo - This team never likes to double down on positions in the draft. That's a huge mistake and shows they rarely follow the "BPA" strategy. Last week the announcers mentioned that Doctson wasn't really a WR1. Well he's not a WR2 either. Our WRs are embarrassing.

4. Jordan Ta'amu, QB Ole Miss - Ta'amu is my mid-round QB crush right now. I think he has the potential to turn out like Dak. We are in a weird position in the draft in the first round and I'm not liking the second tier QBs outside of Herbert and the QB out of Ohio State.

This team has so many holes we won't be able to fill them out in one draft. I would have liked to grab a LB early on but I don't see that many or one that I like in our defense.

9 minutes ago, taylor made said:

1. DeAndre Baker, CB Georgia - Josh Norman is getting older and has been up and down his entire career here. If we keep building our defense, we could have a potential young unit to get excited about. I don't know if Baker will fall to #16 if he runs fast. I think we are going to end up picking closer to #10 so I think we'll be able to get Baker or Greedy.

2. Michael Jordan, LG Ohio State - The team has had a huge hole on LG for a while now. This draft isn't loaded at guard so we might have to grab one in Free Agency as well.

3. Deebo Samuel, WR South Carolina - This draft is absolutely loaded at WR and I think we can get some great value in round 2, 3 and 4.

3. *comp pick Anthony Johnson, WR Buffalo - This team never likes to double down on positions in the draft. That's a huge mistake and shows they rarely follow the "BPA" strategy. Last week the announcers mentioned that Doctson wasn't really a WR1. Well he's not a WR2 either. Our WRs are embarrassing.

4. Jordan Ta'amu, QB Ole Miss - Ta'amu is my mid-round QB crush right now. I think he has the potential to turn out like Dak. We are in a weird position in the draft in the first round and I'm not liking the second tier QBs outside of Herbert and the QB out of Ohio State.

This team has so many holes we won't be able to fill them out in one draft. I would have liked to grab a LB early on but I don't see that many or one that I like in our defense.

I could also live with this. 

I like the draft except for drafting Harris, another RB? Can’t we skip a year ? Or two for that position?

We have Guice, CT, Bibbs, Marshall and Perine to compete for the 3 or 4 spots at RB next year and that’s if we don’t re-sign Peterson, which I think we should just in case Guice isn’t ready to go the first month of the season. 

Also, I don’t agree that if we have a top 10 pick or near one, that we should trade down. We’ve done things like that in the past and while it’s worked out OK, we’ve actually passed on better players when we traded down 10 plus picks for more draft picks.

If we are picking in the top 10, we should take the best QB available there, best WR available there or best defensive player available there.

I’m vehemently against trading out of the top 10 or really trading down or out of the first round at all.

15 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Woz the 4th came from my norman trade

Man, it’d be nice to trade Norman, but I doubt his contract is tradeable. He’s a good but not great corner. He’s over paid by about $5 million a year and he’s getting older and surprisingly slower, which I didn’t think was possible. 

A move to safety for him might make sense if he wants to play another 3-5 years bc he doesn’t have the speed to run with most WRs downfield.

Also, why would San Fran trade for Norman? They already have an aging/overpaid corner in Sherman, they don’t need another one.

21 minutes ago, Woz said:

Ah missed that. Don't think you get a 4th for him after the past couple of years (and as @turtle28 said, his contract)

I think he's only getting paid $14ish mil next year, that's pretty reasonable for a starting CB.  You'd just have to find a team that thinks he's a starting CB.  

Archived