2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Someone explain to me the Matt Rhule love?

Turned around a Temple program, yes Baylor has struggled under him but I attribute that to poor recruiting classes based off the whole Rape scandal that went on there under the previous regime. CEO type HC that’s the type of HC that lets his OC/DC do their jobs instead of focusing on one side of the ball.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Turned around a Temple program, yes Baylor has struggled under him but I attribute that to poor recruiting classes based off the whole Rape scandal that went on there under the previous regime. CEO type HC that’s the type of HC that lets his OC/DC do their jobs instead of focusing on one side of the ball.

Adding to this, he's the type of guy that garners everybody's respect and gets the most out of his players without needing to be buddy/buddy with them.

7 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Just for fun, if we wind up hiring someone like kingsbury or monken who would you like to see hired as DC? Who could oversee our defense and allow Kliff/Todd to do their thing.

Kris Richard would be a nice addition.  He was a key coordinator for the legion of boom and has done wonders to the Dal secondary.  Both teams run a very similar system to what I hope we run here in the future.  They got guys in the front 4 to pressure the QB with minimal blitzing, have good tackling LB's, and play press coverage on the outside.  Adams is the perfect player to replicate the Chancellor role and we have some length at CB with Jones and Johnson on the outside.  Seems like going from CB coach in DAL to being able to run his own defense with some pieces could be enticing for him.  Him with one of those offensive coaches could be the best case.

If Jets happen to hire HC that will call offensive plays then I want veteran DC. I don't care who is it as long as it isn't Mike Smith.

If it was Matt Rhule then I would like to see Todd Monken and Kris Richards to be his OC and DC, respectively. Unfortunately, it is not a smart move for Jets.  One year and out for either coordinator is really a bad plan for Rhule.  I can't think of anyone who has long shot for HC job but Gary Kubiak and Mike Nolan could work.

If it was Todd Monken then I could see Mike Bajakian as his OC and Brentson Buckner as his DC.  When Mike Smith was fired, Buckner and Mark Duffner were top choices to overtake DC.  Bajakian has worked with Monken long enough to know his offense tendency so that way Monken won't overwork himself preparing the unit and team.

Outside the box coaches should be on Jets' coaching staff.

Dave Aranda as DC.  No buyout.

Adam Zimmer as LB coach.  He needs to be separated from his father for his coaching resume's sake.

Shane Steichen as OC. Granted he is raw but I would like him to use silly putty method on Ken Whisenhunt's offense for Sam Darnold.

Raheem Morris as DC. It may work for Adam Gase as HC. Sound silly nowadays but I feel like Gase and Morris tandem is similar to Jon Gruden and Rod Marinelli tandem.

26 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Kris Richard would be a nice addition.  He was a key coordinator for the legion of boom and has done wonders to the Dal secondary.  Both teams run a very similar system to what I hope we run here in the future.  They got guys in the front 4 to pressure the QB with minimal blitzing, have good tackling LB's, and play press coverage on the outside.  Adams is the perfect player to replicate the Chancellor role and we have some length at CB with Jones and Johnson on the outside.  Seems like going from CB coach in DAL to being able to run his own defense with some pieces could be enticing for him.  Him with one of those offensive coaches could be the best case.

That would be awesome, I'm not sure he'd leave for a DC position though, I feel like he'd rather stay in Dallas, keep boosting his reputation and wait for a HC opportunity. 

I think Gregg William's would do well for us if Cleveland doesn't retain him. 

The last thing we can afford is to go with a HC who then hires a guy like Monken or KK for OC only for them to be poached a year or 2 later.  No point in bringing in a hot young OC primed for a HC job in a year or two.  Those guys get scooped up quickly leaving us to bring in a new OC and have Sam learn a new system.  Normally I'm all for any type of HC from any background but this time around I really like whoever it is needs to be the architect of the offense and have his guys work for him so if they do leave down the road the offense stays in place.

It's why I'm higher on guys like Monken, KK, and Bieniemy.  

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The last thing we can afford is to go with a HC who then hires a guy like Monken or KK for OC only for them to be poached a year or 2 later.  No point in bringing in a hot young OC primed for a HC job in a year or two.  Those guys get scooped up quickly leaving us to bring in a new OC and have Sam learn a new system.  Normally I'm all for any type of HC from any background but this time around I really like whoever it is needs to be the architect of the offense and have his guys work for him so if they do leave down the road the offense stays in place.

It's why I'm higher on guys like Monken, KK, and Bieniemy.  

I completely agree, that why I love the idea of KK or Monken here. Both have HC experience, and will be the architect of the offense like you said. I'm leaning towards KK becuase I think him and Sam could really grow together and make this offense potent. 

8 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I completely agree, that why I love the idea of KK or Monken here. Both have HC experience, and will be the architect of the offense like you said. I'm leaning towards KK becuase I think him and Sam could really grow together and make this offense potent. 

As am I.  It's a swing for the fences type move rather than playing it safer with a guy like McCarthy who is established but has not had success in quite some time.  KK might fail here it's always a possibility but he could crush it too with his offensive genius and turn Sam into a star.  I just prefer to swing for the fences then try and bunt for a single.

13 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

That would be awesome, I'm not sure he'd leave for a DC position though, I feel like he'd rather stay in Dallas, keep boosting his reputation and wait for a HC opportunity. 

I think Gregg William's would do well for us if Cleveland doesn't retain him. 

With a top 3 pick potentially being a stud pass rusher and a pretty solid defense he might want the chance to be in control rather than work as a secondary coach.  He could build he resume here more as the man rather then work in the shadow of Marnielli.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

With a top 3 pick potentially being a stud pass rusher and a pretty solid defense he might want the chance to be in control rather than work as a secondary coach.  He could build he resume here more as the man rather then work in the shadow of Marnielli.

That's a good point. If we hire KK, he brings in Richard's, and retains boyer as ST coach I'd be ecstatic. 

Archived