2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Need to review two occurrences that led Dolphins to trade solid offensive players away.

RB Jay Ajayi and WR Jarvis Landry.     Surely, Jets have better characters but after signing a bunch of FA, they may deal with questionable character(s) some time.

I know Landry wanted to do more in terms of routes but it’s clear he’s strictly an inside guy. 

Only character we have on offense is Anderson, so they may clash because Robby has that selfish trait I hope he breaks soon. 

Don’t remember much about Ajayi. 

11 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I know Landry wanted to do more in terms of routes but it’s clear he’s strictly an inside guy. 

Only character we have on offense is Anderson, so they may clash because Robby has that selfish trait I hope he breaks soon. 

Don’t remember much about Ajayi. 

Anderson really isn't that selfish. Was a good solider this year. His statement about wanting a contract extension was taken out of context... he said he didn't want to just be here for one year (under the tag), he wants to be apart of the team for his entire career. I was impressed with Robby's improvement as an individual this year.  

McCarthy just might have to be the guy. The 2 bad years he has had came from Rodgers getting hurt in 1 and I doubting the talent in the 2nd. We'll finally get the experienced HC who was proven his ability to win with the right talent. 

Supposedly he turned down Arizona's advancements and is intrigued by the jets job.

I wonder if the interview goes well and the Jets offer him the job before they interview other candidates to make sure another team doesn't hire him first. 

5 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Anderson really isn't that selfish. Was a good solider this year. His statement about wanting a contract extension was taken out of context... he said he didn't want to just be here for one year (under the tag), he wants to be apart of the team for his entire career. I was impressed with Robby's improvement as an individual this year.  

Nah Anderson is a bit selfish. I remember him making a routine 5 yard catch and he got a 15 yard penalty after. Then last year with McCown he had multiple temper tantrums. Then in a game we’re down like 21 he’s on camera asking for pro bowl votes. Leave that stuff for Twitter or better yet actually deserve it. 

I’m not saying I’d move him but coaches tend to hate stuff like that. 

McCarthy might be the best hire for Darnold at this stage in his career. As good as Darnold looks, he is still learning the position. McCarthy is really good about teaching the fundamentals. So, he will set up Darnold for a successful career.

Not really sold on McCarthy honestly tho I do want someone with experience.

Kingsbury is intriguing because college is a lot about recruiting first then coaching second.

I think he'll be a better pro coach than college coach in terms of team success when he can focus on just coaching and not necessarily the talent acquisition aspect. 

During the Rex era I always said he'd be our Head Coach one day.

Archived