2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

This Monken guy is a knew name.  I have to check out his resume.

Quick breakdown.  Was HC for Southern Miss for three years.  Took them from one of the worst programs in the country into a respectable one.  Produced the #3 offense in FB this year despite the terrible QB play (#9 last year).  RPO guy.  Was the WR coach there in 16/17 (along with being the OC).  WR's got better every year.

if we do land a guy like Monken or EB then I'd be interested in bringing in Richard and let him run the defense.  We have a talented secondary to build from and that is his bread and butter.  Would be a step up for him so he might do it.  HC can run the offense Richard can run the D.

15 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

First article I read about Monken I loved his quotes.  "I promise to be explosive and have fun.  That's what the game is about, big plays.  I love big plays."

Sounds like a guy I'd want to play for.  

I don’t know much about him but sign me up. 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

At least Monken has HC experience and seemed to be an excellent OC. I like him way more then Bienemy who has only one year as an OC, and most importantly doesn’t call the plays. Let him be the Rooney rule and move on please.

We interviewed Jim Caldwell already to fulfill the Rooney rule

45 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

So far we’ve either requested An interview or interviewed

Bucs OC Todd Monken

DAL PGC/DB Coach Kris Richard

KC OC Rric Bieniemy 

Fmr DET/IND HC Jim Caldwell

Out of this list, I don't mind Todd because of his HC experience and his ability to put up numbers even with a QB mess of a situation. But Kris Richard just feels like a sleeper home run hit. As the PGC, he has to know what works for the certain type of QBs and he has proven to coach a defense that can shut down. He's also the young motivator a lot of us like. Seems like players would love playing for him. 

Archived