2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I was a big fan of McCarthy years ago. Excellent offensive mind. However he has failed to adapt to change, and I believe the league is evolving and he is not. I would rather hire Todd Monken.

This cant be stressed enough. 

22 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Need to review two occurrences that led Dolphins to trade solid offensive players away.

RB Jay Ajayi and WR Jarvis Landry.     Surely, Jets have better characters but after signing a bunch of FA, they may deal with questionable character(s) some time.

The rumors about Gase being divisive scare me...but well see. No denying that the dolphins competed under him. 

Hes also never really coached an explosive offense...outside of having Peyton Manning at the helm. I really do wonder if his conservative mantra is him or if hes a victim of circumstance because cutler and tannehill suck.

I've heard the Jets want Kingsbury as part of their staff. Maybe even paired with McCarthy- but that ultimately would be up to McCarthy (questionable considering he prefers to call plays). 

If McCarthy doesn't accept our offer, it may be Kingsbury's job to lose. They'll want to see who he has in mind for his staff, but he has a lot of supporters in the building. 

7 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Idk about McCarthy plus Kingsbury. Gives me too many chefs in the kitchen vibes. McCarthy doesn’t seem like the CEO type. 

I was thinking the same thing, I just liked the idea of kingsbury bringing a new element to McCarthy's offense. Although I'm really warming up to the idea of kingsbury as HC, hopefully he can hire a solid DC, maybe one of the defensive head coaches just fired? Keep  Brant Boyer as ST coach and hire McCown as QB coach. 

Archived