Atlanta Post Game

skibrett15

I thought the offensive line played well considering we were down three starters. Rodgers initially got the ball out of his hands quickly, but reverted back to old habits as the game wore on. 

The defense held Atlanta to 20 points (14 in garbage time) with so many injuries. I think you have to be happy with that performance. 

Actually attended the game and just got done watching it on DVR.

Atlanta isn't good but they had the same number of wins as us heading in. Surprised to see Williams start the game, but that probably had to do with the OL banged up and three new starters.  Thought McCray payed as well as Bell has all year.  Thought Spriggs put in a workman like effort especially since he and McCray haven't worked together very much.  Still believe Spriggs can do it if he's allowed to settle in at RT.  We really might have something in the rookie WRs.  Adams is the man.  On defense I thought Lancaster showed as a decent backup. He can clog the middle and made a couple of nice lateral plays down the line.  Martinez made a lot of tackles, but I don't see him shedding blocks or getting any TFLs. Fackrell can be a good rotational player for us. He seems to make a couple nice plays every game. Agree we should sign Breeland, he played a solid game and JA is very good. Safeties played okay, but would like us to upgrade that with a FA.

I had a blast at the game. Hope that joker who blew the Anthem got roasted in the papers the next day. That ride back to St. Paul is a killer in December.

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

Surprised to see Williams start the game,

to me this was about keeping Jones ready for more 2nd half carries.  Not about who starts but who finishes, and this was Jones' most dominant game from a snaps and relevance perspective.

Archived