Week 15 Packers @ Bears "I Believe That"

skibrett15

2 minutes ago, dcerb44 said:

I don’t personally believe that, was just throwing the idea out. 

While his numbers haven’t been bad, he’s not playing like the highest paid player in the league. That’s a lot of cap space used for underperformance. We all get upset for others (Cobb) who haven’t lived up to the contract but Rodge seems to be getting a pass. If he plays the same next year we’re not a contender regardless of who we bring in. 

Trading him would demand a haul the NFL has never seen before and opens up a ton of cap room. You could go a lot of directions there. 

they wouldn't gain any meaningful cap room by trading him until 2021, and even then, it's only like 10m savings. And how much does a 37-yr old Rodgers (with 2 more seasons of aging) net in a trade? Arod's money will be stuck on the cap for a long time regardless of what happens to him. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

David Bakhtiari? Obviously forgot to post him. It goes without saying.

Corey Linsley? He's been simply okay this year. The interior OL is a joke.

Bryan Bulaga? What good does it do if you're hurt?

Aaron Jones? The guy that's gotten 20 touches once and gets replaced by a terrible RB?

MVS? A Rookie WR that we have no clue what his abilities really are yet? He's been merely okay as well.

Graham is the guy that's probably the most dissapointing after Rodgers and it's hard to tell where the blame lies between those two. Oh come the **** on with this one lmao

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Would look a lot better if we had a QB willing to take a 4 yard gain on 3rd and 2.

Yeah that comes up week after week.  I can't remember how many passes Brees threw that were caught within 2 yards of the LOS that went for 7+ yards.  Had a spreadsheet with that going for a bit but was pretty surprising how many short throws lead to big plays for him. 

1 minute ago, TransientTexan said:

they wouldn't gain any meaningful cap room by trading him until 2021, and even then, it's only like 10m savings. And how much does a 37-yr old Rodgers (with 2 more seasons of aging) net in a trade? Arod's money will be stuck on the cap for a long time regardless of what happens to him. 

Hmm, I thought it would have been higher but never looked. 

Thank you for the correction, I was wrong. 

2 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

we reallllllllllllly needed clark today.

You can see the problem with not having Clark and Daniels in there.   :(  This incoming draft is deep at EDGE so we should be able to address our pass rush next season.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

David Bakhtiari?

Corey Linsley?

Bryan Bulaga?

Aaron Jones?

MVS?

Maybe you're a little dissapointed in Lane Taylor, but did you really have high expectations for McCray/Bell, or EQ. Graham is the guy that's probably the most dissapointing after Rodgers and it's hard to tell where the blame lies between those two. 

Bakhtiari, Bulaga, and Linsley have all played like All-Pros this year on the line.

3 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

he sat most of his junior season with an ankle injury. 

This is correct. I mistakenly thought it was a knee. My bad. Good correction.

"As a junior, Jones played in only two games due to suffering an ankle injury early in the season"

Archived