Why does Ryan Grant get all this love from the coaches?

Brian23

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

Not really. If they had wanted him, they would have asked for him to be signed back. They would have said to just pay him. His age was becoming a concern and Arizona offered more money. I think his one good season in Buffalo is arbitrary, they were actually playing in a 4-3 in which he was able to line up as both SLB and DE. 

Uhh, the Bills signed Alexander to a new contract this past March.

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

I was referring to the Redskins. Not the Bills. 

Not sure he would have come back even had they asked given how he was treated. Plus he knew a new contract was coming in Buffalo. Why rock the boat?

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Not sure he would have come back even had they asked given how he was treated. Plus he knew a new contract was coming in Buffalo. Why rock the boat?

Not only that but he's a starter in Buffalo,  here there is no guarantee.

easy to explain- The kid is a great practice player. He obviously is smart, hard working, one of those guys who is first out on the field and last off the field long after practice is over. He's a lot like coaches who were never physically gifted enough to play in the NFL and they see themselves in him. Every coach if they are honest will tell you "if I only had been bigger and faster I know I could have played n the NFL because I would outwork the other guys" But they didn't get the physical gifts.With them and Grant- when the lights go on and the game speeds up it you have to have God given skill to be able to be successful. He doesn't. That's why coaches despise players like DJAX because he loofs in practice (at least he did here, in Tampa from Hard Knocks hes working much harder and complaining hes not getting any balls (as hes the number three option there behind Evans and the run game), but when game time comes that guy performs and makes every other player better.

This is one story line that will be interesting to watch this season- What impact will the loss of DJAX have on the rest of the team? The throwing windows will be much smaller, receivers will be covered more closely, Reed wont have the middle wide open like he has when DJAX takes double coverage deep and Kirk will have to still make the throws but to tighter spaces and covered receivers. This is why he will have more interceptions this year-book it. 

Archived