Texans vs Jets for lonely guys only.

JetsandI

12 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think Darnold gets down the field if we had a better O-Line. He had to rush in the 2 minute drive like he did all night but he played well and we lost which is what I wanted. 

Yea most of the game the Texans only rush 4 players. Neither team could run the ball, McGuier only had 42 yards on 18 carries. But overall I am very happy how well Darnold, played. The Jets with the exception of the O line played very well. Let hope we fix the O line in the off season.

9 hours ago, drew39k said:

My two take aways, easily Darnolds best game. The Texans are frauds that will be bounced in their first playoff game.

The Jets know Watson was going to throw on every down, after their RB Miller went down early in the game. The same thing could be said about the  Jets. without Cromwell. McGuier, only avg. two yards per carry. We still need that third WR & help on the O line. How about Harry Anderson three more sacks last night. We had the Texans on the ropes in the fourth quarter,  we just couldn't finish them off. One of our biggest disappointment this year has been Kearse, he has had a bad year. Let hope with the money we have to spend on FA's & our early first round pick we can fix the missing pieces that we need to be a real competitive team.

I loved what I was with Sam. I also would like to add that this lost will seal the firing of Bowles. Now there is 0% chance he comes back. I was afraid we would run the table and the Johnson's would give him another year, I hope Brandon Shell is ok and did not tear something in his knee. I would like him back at 100% next year. I think Shell, Winter and Long (at G) are people you can word with. We need a C in a bad way. If you look back at the best O-lines we had it started with a very good C from Jim Sweeney, Kevin Mawi, and Nick Mangold. 

9 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I loved what I was with Sam. I also would like to add that this lost will seal the firing of Bowles. Now there is 0% chance he comes back. I was afraid we would run the table and the Johnson's would give him another year, I hope Brandon Shell is ok and did not tear something in his knee. I would like him back at 100% next year. I think Shell, Winter and Long (at G) are people you can word with. We need a C in a bad way. If you look back at the best O-lines we had it started with a very good C from Jim Sweeney, Kevin Mawi, and Nick Mangold. 

Maybe it is just a coincidence, but you are right about offensive centers in Jet History, the good centers always had a strong O line. And don't forget JOE FIELDS he was the center on our Super Bowl team .  And he played for the Jets for about 13 years. You point is very interesting I never gave it much thought, but is so true.

27 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I’m glad we gave Long a shot at LG. It makes the issues along the line more fixable. Like you said, we need a center in the worse way. Other than that we need to upgrade LT for the future. But by just adding a really good center like Paradis, this line could look a lot better. 

We struggled against Watt yesterday because we somehow thought it was ok to single him.

Oh man.  Jets were starting off terribly but they made the most out of game well.  I wondered if anyone asked Jets' OL a question. Which Texans' DL had best butt? But as the game was progressing, blocking started to click altogether but still need some works as Darnold kept moving a lot.  No major injury to Darnold is a bonus as Rickty wished for.

When Brandon Shell was out with knee injury and Brent Qvale subbed in, Darnold ran out of pocket and towards to left side immediately. I immediately laughed at it and become enjoy when he dotted Robby Anderson neatly.  Darnold is the man.

Archived