Do you think that Brady has fallen off?

patriotsheatyan

6 minutes ago, Slingin' Sammy said:

His supporting cast blows. Every one of his top receivers (Edelman, Hogan, Gordon, Gronk) are washed up, and his o-line is nothing special.

Lets face it: the Pats just aren't a very talented team anymore. They are literally only getting by on coaching and QB play alone. 

Isn't Edelman coming off a ACL injury? Gronk isn't the same anymore but they traded for Gordon and their rookie RB looks legit. I'm not buying they don't have any talent anymore. Patriots have never had a loaded roster outside of 2007.

Yes.

He's looked terrible this year throwing without his feet planted. He's never been great at it, but from 2014 to 2017 in particular he looked a lot better than he does now.

I don't think his arm is on the same level it's been, either. It's not really noticeable on most throws, especially when he gets a clean pocket, but I do think he's lost zip on his intermediate throws. And I think this year, for the first time, cold weather has been affecting him. 

He's not exactly in 2015 Peyton Manning territory and I don't think he ever will be. But there has definitely been a decline this season.

1 minute ago, Plat2 said:

Gronkowski doesn't look like Gronk this season.

I will be shocked if he plays another competitive football game after next month. He's a shell of himself physically and I frankly don't think he's really got a passion for the game anymore. 

To put it bluntly, if Bill Belichick isn't already putting explosive charges on the support beams of this team, he should be. The last time a Patriots team was this bad was 2009. The difference being that Tom Brady was 32 at the time. It'll be a multi-year project to rebuild this team and I doubt Belichick will want to stick around for it.

7 minutes ago, Classic said:

Isn't Edelman coming off a ACL injury? Gronk isn't the same anymore but they traded for Gordon and their rookie RB looks legit. I'm not buying they don't have any talent anymore. Patriots have never had a loaded roster outside of 2007.

Yes, Edelman is coming off an ACL injury. He is also 32, and was never the most physically talented receiver to begin with. Gordon, while he has kept out of trouble, clearly isn't the player he was back in 2013/14. Throw in the fact that Gronk is just another slightly above average TE now, and you're left with a receiving core that doesn't command respect anymore. Look at the other teams in the AFC playoffs: Steelers have Brown/JuJu, Texans have Hopkins/DT, Chiefs have Hill/Watkins/Kelce, and the Chargers have a very deep group of receivers led by Allen and Williams. The Pats just don't match up talent-wise.

7 minutes ago, Starless said:

I will be shocked if he plays another competitive football game after next month. He's a shell of himself physically and I frankly don't think he's really got a passion for the game anymore. 

To put it bluntly, if Bill Belichick isn't already putting explosive charges on the support beams of this team, he should be. The last time a Patriots team was this bad was 2009. The difference being that Tom Brady was 32 at the time. It'll be a multi-year project to rebuild this team and I doubt Belichick will want to stick around for it.

My understanding is that he's also been incredibly smart with his money from football, so financially speaking, he really doesn't need the cash unless he just wants it. He has struck me as a guy that really wants to live his life and enjoy it more than anything. I think once he feels comfortable enough that he can do that without going broke or something, he's probably gone 

For people saying this is one game...

While Brady has no doubt been a good QB this season, he was also 14th in Passer Rating coming into today. This isn’t something that came out of nowhere. He’s having a solid year, but he clearly hasn’t been playing like he did the last three years I felt.

Archived