2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

Image result for tyrell crosby oregon

Quite a bit of heat around this guy recently. He's coming in for a visit tomorrow I believe.

Wouldn't shock me if this is the guy if we want to continue building up the OL. Depth isn't their at the bookends in this draft, not the same can be said inside.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats probably part of it lol. Normally we are midway thru October with a BB already made

This is definitely it. Normally I'm in draft mode come mid/late October and am watching videos of prospects. Although I did check in on them at times, I didn't largely care that much until we were eliminated. Even then, took me a couple weeks to get back on the train after that game against NE.

A couple months from football to the draft isn't bad, but the 6-7 months like how it used to be was an eternity. 

11 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

It flies by when your team plays deep into January. Not use to it.

I was so excited to watch Infinity War that I bought the first seats I can get on opening night,  which ended up being 10:45 PM...on Thursday April 26th.

I had gotten so used to drafting in the top 5 and being done by 9PM at the latest that i didnt realize the draft runs nearly until midnight if you are drafting at the end.

So yah, gonna miss a Jaguars draft for the first time since...99? 00?

The more i think about the draft and our FA moves, the more i feel like we won't go WR early. I know Robinson cost too much to keep for what the offense wants to be which is a smash-mouth run it down your throat and wear down the defense while keeping ours fresh...does that sound like a team that would spend a 1st on a WR? If Dede and Cole improve(I know it isn't Madden and there is no telling if they do) they should be a formidable duo plus Lee. I think those 3 are good enough to make plays. I'd rather spend the pick on the OL or TE. The need is there for TE despite who we brought in and if we want to pound the rock, going to OL will only help us. I could also see us going defense depending on who we plan on losing next year in free agency or cap casualties. 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The more i think about the draft and our FA moves, the more i feel like we won't go WR early. I know Robinson cost too much to keep for what the offense wants to be which is a smash-mouth run it down your throat and wear down the defense while keeping ours fresh...does that sound like a team that would spend a 1st on a WR? If Dede and Cole improve(I know it isn't Madden and there is no telling if they do) they should be a formidable duo plus Lee. I think those 3 are good enough to make plays. I'd rather spend the pick on the OL or TE. The need is there for TE despite who we brought in and if we want to pound the rock, going to OL will only help us. I could also see us going defense depending on who we plan on losing next year in free agency or cap casualties. 

Yeah I absolutely positively do not buy the 1st round wide receiver talk.  If anything,  this staff has shown that it can find receivers in later rounds.  Until the teams philosophy changes, taking a WR in the 1st just isn't sound strategy. 

7 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Yeah I absolutely positively do not buy the 1st round wide receiver talk.  If anything,  this staff has shown that it can find receivers in later rounds.  Until the teams philosophy changes, taking a WR in the 1st just isn't sound strategy. 

I feel like taking one contradicts everything we thought when we let A-Rob go. We weren't going to pay #1 WR money to anyone so it seems silly to basically draft someone we have no realistic intention of keeping after his rookie deal. 

Archived