2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Braden Smith would be a perfect pick in round 2 if they don’t go OG in round 1. Put him at RG and thrive.

With 12 days away, I’m on the Maurice Hurst bandwagon. I’m not sure who the flavor of the day will be tomorrow.

i dont think Hurst is who we want/need on the Dline.  hurst is strictly a 3tech at his size.  

if u want a Real Semi-sleeper check out PJ Hall from Sam Houston State.  Hall goes about 6 foot 310 but runs a 4.8 40 with a 1.7 10 yard split.  

First-Pick Simulator Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29:  Mayfield, Baker, QB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 2 Pick 29:  Goedert, Dallas, TE, South Dakota State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 29:  Brown, Orlando, OT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 29:  Stewart, MJ, CB, North Carolina (A+)
Round 6 Pick 29:  Dickson, Michael, P, Texas (A+)
Round 7 Pick 12:  Watts, Armani, FS, Texas AM (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29:  ODaniel, Dorian, OLB, Clemson (A+)

so unrealistic.  i dont think u can complain about any pick. i do think theres some bust potential with Brown but he also can be a good one at the same token. 

11 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

so unrealistic.  i dont think u can complain about any pick. i do think theres some bust potential with Brown but he also can be a good one at the same token. 

For a late 3rd whatever risk comes with Browns athleticism is negated. 

That's not just a homerun draft, that's a grand slam

On 16/04/2018 at 6:04 AM, Jags said:

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/15/auburn-olb-jeff-holland-will-visit-the-jags-this-week-2018-nfl-draft/

Are the Jaguars looking at the Jacksonville native as a future Sam or just pass rushing depth to be lost behind Yannick, Dante, Smoot, etc?

I don't think he's a SAM candidate.  Doesn't have the skillset, or even really the build for it i don't think.  He's not going to drop in any sort of real coverage responsibilities, or at least...hasn't, and doesn't look smooth enough to do it at the next level.  Maybe slide into packages/situations where he can come in as basically a pure blitzing LBer...but i think overall they're probably just looking at him as edge depth.  Which we could certainly use another mid-round sorta guy for, especially with Fowler's situation a bit murky beyond this season.

I do like Holland a fair bit as a mid-round rotational effort rusher type.  He's not the most naturally gifted guy, but he's got a good motor and he gets some real work done that way.  Would seem to fit what they tend to look for in a guy.

On 15/04/2018 at 8:26 PM, .Buzz said:

22 hours ago, .Buzz said:

These are good newses.

I really really like Ian Thomas' upside and potential value.  And Mike White is a more interesting QB prospect than Mason Rudolph.  Though i'd certainly hope that doesn't start Mike White 1st round talks like it has with Rudolph.  

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

These are good newses.

I really really like Ian Thomas' upside and potential value.  And Mike White is a more interesting QB prospect than Mason Rudolph.  Though i'd certainly hope that doesn't start Mike White 1st round talks like it has with Rudolph.  

white shouldnt be drafted before round 3 at the earliest and more likely 4th. 

heres 1 i did that was just something different

29: R1P29
DL TAVEN BRYAN
FLORIDA Future Replacement for Campbell/jackson
61: R2P29
TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE Pass Catching TE/Slot WR
93: R3P29
OT ORLANDO BROWN
OKLAHOMA Potential RT
129: R4P29
LB FRED WARNER
BRIGHAM YOUNG Sam
203: R6P29
QB NIC SHIMONEK
TEXAS TECH QB Of Future maybe
230: R7P12
DL P. J. HALL
SAM HOUSTON STATE Backup Interior DL
247: R7P29
OT BRETT TOTH
ARMY Future Oline Depth

23 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

That would be a dream scenario. Cant imagine any of the top 3 picks last that long but would be easy picks imo if they fell

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

white shouldnt be drafted before round 3 at the earliest and more likely 4th. 

Yeah.  I have White valued right 'round abouts that late 3rd/early 4th range, where we pick.  Same ballpark i'd value Rudolph...who seems slated to actually go much earlier.

It's still weird and a bit tricky wrapping my brain around picking toward the back end of each round this year.  Means we're probably reaching up a few picks and talking about what we'd normally be calling a "3rd rounder target" as technically in the 2nd round, and so on.  QBs are particularly weird though, in that if you get the right guy, it's not so bad to reach up a bit to make sure you get the one you want.  And if you get the wrong one, it's many many rounds too early. 

Though i still have a really hard time with the idea of reaching up into the 1st, because i have a big gap there from my Top-5 guys, to the next cluster of guys who seem more like late Day2/early Day3 type projects.

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  I have White valued right 'round abouts that late 3rd/early 4th range, where we pick.  Same ballpark i'd value Rudolph...who seems slated to actually go much earlier.

It's still weird and a bit tricky wrapping my brain around picking toward the back end of each round this year.  Means we're probably reaching up a few picks and talking about what we'd normally be calling a "3rd rounder target" as technically in the 2nd round, and so on.  QBs are particularly weird though, in that if you get the right guy, it's not so bad to reach up a bit to make sure you get the one you want.  And if you get the wrong one, it's many many rounds too early. 

Though i still have a really hard time with the idea of reaching up into the 1st, because i have a big gap there from my Top-5 guys, to the next cluster of guys who seem more like late Day2/early Day3 type projects.

i like kyle Lauletta but im not sure i like him round 2 but ive heard the pats also kinda like him 

Archived