2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like taking one contradicts everything we thought when we let A-Rob go. We weren't going to pay #1 WR money to anyone so it seems silly to basically draft someone we have no realistic intention of keeping after his rookie deal. 

we could take 1 and use him 3 years then flip him out for a 1st and go from there :)

3 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

One of the WR’s would be intriguing at 29, but I think rounds 1/2 will be OL/TE or vice versa.

Same.

Lot of smoke around the OL for us right now. There's several guys that seem to be on our radar. Gotta think we take one in the first two picks, especially with our mindset of building up the trenches.

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like taking one contradicts everything we thought when we let A-Rob go. We weren't going to pay #1 WR money to anyone so it seems silly to basically draft someone we have no realistic intention of keeping after his rookie deal. 

Wouldnt necessarily say thats the case, since things can change. and perhaps it would have been different had Arob been healthy and found success last season.

But as the team is currently built, it is not designed to pay a #1WR 14M. A 1st round WR would make about 3M roughly and we won't have to pay until another 4 years.

Keep in mind that Moncrief and Lee are essentially on 1 and 2 year deals. So it's not like we don't or won't have a need at wide receiver.

I think we have to look at the team in 2 aspects: this team is win now under Marrone and Coughlin and will look to make moves to do so while extending our cap situation as long as we can.

But TC isn't a spring chicken and they kept Dave for a reason as well, and I think shad really likes Dave.

If TC eventually turns it back over to Dave, then we might see a change in philosophy.

Or if we luck out and get a QB that you can actually sling the ball around with rather than one you have to protect.

On 4/6/2018 at 8:27 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know the TEs pretty well but who do you like at OL?

Wouldn't surprise me if they went similar route they did with Cam Robinson last year in targeting an OT who can slide to RG as a rookie, and eventually start at tackle vs a similarly graded G only prospect.

29: R1P29
OT MIKE MCGLINCHEY 
NOTRE DAME Future RT
61: R2P29
TE DALLAS GOEDERT 
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE Future TE
93: R3P29
DL TIM SETTLE 
VIRGINIA TECH Future NT. think Vince Wilfork
129: R4P29
LB JOSEY JEWELL 
IOWA Potential Starting LB
203: R6P29
CB PARRY NICKERSON 
TULANE Potential Nickle Defender
230: R7P12
EDGE JOHN FRANKLIN-MYER 
STEPHEN F. AUSTIN Potential Backup Big End/Inside Pass rusher. 
247: R7P29
CB LEVI WALLACE 
ALABAMA Potential Nickle Defender/STer

other then no qb(i didnt force a reach and when i saw 1 of value i happened to see a Guy who was better IMO and filled a bigger need. 

10 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Would take him with the 2nd round pick, but 29th?

Sounds like that's where he'll likely go. Obviously things can change, but right around late rd 1/early rd 2 wouldn't surprise me.

Archived