2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

22 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Nortman has been good, but if they are still looking at ways to create even more unused cap space to roll over, that'd probably be a spot.  There is room to shave a million and a bit for a rookie.

Not with all the attention to ST.

18 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Not with all the attention to ST.

I wouldn't want to do it, the field position battle is really important in playing this type of football.  But it is money sitting there that they could save a bit of, if they're dead set on cutting corners somewhere to bank more space.

I know it wouldn’t be a popular move but I wouldn’t put it past the guys in the FO if they took a RB relatively high. 

Fournette seems to always be banged up. With his running style, I am sure that won’t change.

Grant and Yeldon are FA’s after 2018.

They always talk about being a run first team.

Do they want a 1/2 punch with Fournette and Michel?/Ronald Jones? 

3 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I know it wouldn’t be a popular move but I wouldn’t put it past the guys in the FO if they took a RB relatively high. 

Fournette seems to always be banged up. With his running style, I am sure that won’t change.

Pretty sure we just got linked as a great fit for Ronald Jones from one of the media guys. Wouldn't surprise me tbh.

4 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

From Mike Kaye

s4p7k7.png

I’d be surprised if we don’t draft a punter. 

Yeah.  Exactly.  I wouldn't want to nickel and dime on a spot where we've got a solid starter who is important to the field position game like that...but the Jaguars front office may well think differently.  Just as they appear to think differently than many fans about the value of top WRs and stuff.

3 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I don't think it'd be that unpopular, would it?  We need another RB of some sort.  After how heavily they've emphasized the importance of running the football with this offense...it'd suck to have to then go out and do that with just Yeldon, Grant, and some UDFA flyer or something, should Fournette get banged up again or miss a team picture at some point.  Drafting one fairly high wouldn't surprise me.  Though i'd prefer to see them wait a little bit longer than guys like Michel/Jones are typically expected to go.  Imo this draft looks like it should still have some good RB depth into the 3rd and 4th round even.

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Pretty sure we just got linked as a great fit for Ronald Jones from one of the media guys. Wouldn't surprise me tbh.

I'm not a huge fan of Jones, especially since i'm not sold on his pass catching ability given the type of back he is.  But i can see why some pundits would suggest him as a fit here.  He does have that homerun ability to make a lot out of what would be fairly limited snaps with Fournette eating up the bulk, and Yeldon stealing away plenty of 3rd down stuff...plus Grant getting mixed in occasionally.  Still think another more "hammer" type would make for better insurance and a better guy to spell Fournette without breaking tone.  But who knows.

Maybe Guice will slip a bit because he likes to play videogames in his spare time or something, and we can reunite the two!  xD

I like the other LSU guy Darrell Williams quite a bit too, though he probably goes a bit later than we're talking here, because he's not the most dynamic athlete out there.  Big pile mover, but with some actually decent hands and versatility.  Think he could be basically what Ivory was supposed to be.

A guy like Kerryon Johnson would make sense to me.  Or Nick Chubb if he lasts that much longer than Michel.  Or John Kelly even though he's not all that "big".

Or if they do want to go with more of a thunder/lightning duo, guys like Akrum Wadley, Mark Walton, Kallen Ballage are all real fun and dynamic in more that Michel/Jones mold, with lots of pass catching and play in space ability.

Lots of RBs to like this year.  Enough to where i think there'll probably be some nice value available in that later 3/4 range.  Kinda feels like that with a lot of positions this year though.

29: R1P29
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP Starting G
61: R2P29
TE HAYDEN HURST
SOUTH CAROLINA #2 TE
93: R3P29
QB KYLE LAULETTA
RICHMOND Potential Future QB
129: R4P29
LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
CENTRAL FLORIDA SAM LBer
203: R6P29
RB JAYLEN SAMUELS
NORTH CAROLINA STATE TE/RB/FB/WR Offensive Weapon to get some Mismatches
230: R7P12
WR JESTER WEAH
PITTSBURGH Bigger frame WR who has some speed and jumps. 
247: R7P29
EDGE ADE ARUNA
TULANE Developmental DE whos highly athletic but very raw. 

Archived