Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Parker's getting almost three times what Hankins is 🤔😬

I think it was @NCOUGHMAN that posted about him showing promise over the last couple games and I sure hope he's right........

It’s not an overpay for Parker if he’s the starter… 3.5M is below average…. It’s just a lot when you consider a starter for many years like Hankins is only pulling in the veteran minimum plus 200k… which is close to 1/3 the amount.  I wonder what made Ziegler justify one deal versus the others.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 11:46 AM, jimkelly02 said:

It’s not an overpay for Parker if he’s the starter… 3.5M is below average…. It’s just a lot when you consider a starter for many years like Hankins is only pulling in the veteran minimum plus 200k… which is close to 1/3 the amount.  I wonder what made Ziegler justify one deal versus the others.

Parker is young and in his prime compared to hank who is a couple years away from being done 

18 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Parker is young and in his prime compared to hank who is a couple years away from being done 

I understand that but Hankins just turned 30 last week and Parker is 26.5 but it’s not like Parker’s prime is that great or Hankins is going to drop off quickly.  

but honestly it’s not much of a difference in pay… it’s more about Parker got paid a little bit too much for some and Hankins probably deserves more.

38 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We can not find good long term answers at either position.

That's true but we've found serviceable guys cheap like Hankins, Thomas, Philon, and Jefferson. I don't even think we've drafted a DT in the first round since like the 1990s. RT has also been a revolving door for us, taking Parker over Brown, giving Dough Boy that fat contract, and drafting Leatherwood were all just terrible moves. 

On 4/10/2022 at 7:17 PM, jimkelly02 said:

I understand that but Hankins just turned 30 last week and Parker is 26.5 but it’s not like Parker’s prime is that great or Hankins is going to drop off quickly.  

but honestly it’s not much of a difference in pay… it’s more about Parker got paid a little bit too much for some and Hankins probably deserves more.

How much is leatherwood making this year?

I was worried the turnover in coaching staff would lead to more instability and possibly set us back a bit. But man they've added a ton of stability to the franchise. Not only prioritized resigning our best players but also even bringing back some of our own free agents. I really haven't seen that happen before. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NickButera said:

I was worried the turnover in coaching staff would lead to more instability and possibly set us back a bit. But man they've added a ton of stability to the franchise. Not only prioritized resigning our best players but also even bringing back some of our own free agents. I really haven't seen that happen before. 

Mark Davis said that when he was interviewing candidates that he made it clear he wasn't looking for a rebuild. He wanted a duo to come in together that could build on the foundation that we already had in place and they've done that to a tee.