Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Darren Waller retired is official 

By far the best move made by the previous regime. 

Salary cap space went to Meyers. Draft pick became Tre Tucker

It was a hard pill to swallow after how good he played for us but at least the Raiders saw the writing on the wall and traded him before other teams realized he was about to quit on football.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jerry said:

It was a hard pill to swallow after how good he played for us but at least the Raiders saw the writing on the wall and traded him before other teams realized he was about to quit on football.

Precisely, it was actually the right move and crucially, made by us at the right time which is so unusual. His head hadn’t been in the game for some time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

True. I like Maye, but he drew a terrible straw going to NE. Penix is obvious to me. Never bought his hype. I liked Nix, but hope he busts now because I hate the Broncos. Still don't buy Daniels, thought fantasy stats will make people think he's something. And Williams is 50/50. McCarthy will boom. Best combination of skill and location. Couldn't have landed in a better spot. 

Yeh I can see that. If I was a betting man, I think maybe 2 of the 6 become good to very good starters, 2 become average or underwhelm and 2 will be pretty big busts.

Ive no idea which ones do which 😁 though I will say I agree with McCarthy landing in the right spot and looking like a good bet, he’s the QB I’d have traded up for if I was the Raiders.

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Precisely, it was actually the right move and crucially, made by us at the right time which is so unusual. His head hadn’t been in the game for some time.

It was a nice consolation prize. But they should have traded him at the deadline a year earlier when Green Bay was offering a 2nd round pick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It was a nice consolation prize. But they should have traded him at the deadline a year earlier when Green Bay was offering a 2nd round pick.

In a perfect world, yes, but I’m not going to hold that too much against them. 

I can’t recall which year it was, but one offseason he missed a pre season game I think it was to watch his then girlfriend play basketball or something. That was a huge red flag to me, though I remember not much was made of it at the time. I recall thinking then that if I was his coach, I would be questioning his desire, seems like his head wasn’t in it from then onwards.

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I can’t recall which year it was, but one offseason he missed a pre season game I think it was to watch his then girlfriend play basketball or something. That was a huge red flag to me, though I remember not much was made of it at the time. I recall thinking then that if I was his coach, I would be questioning his desire, seems like his head wasn’t in it from then onwards.

Sad he couldn't mentally put it together. He could have been a great player if he simply cared to be. The couple seasons he kept his head on straight, he was special. IMO once the money came in, his interests went elsewhere (music I guess). So much talent, so little done with it in his career. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This 🤦🏽‍♂️ Writing was on the mf wall dam jmdz 

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I got absolutely roasted for my evals of waller Lolol now look

Posted (edited)

Just watched this one too:

Interesting to hear from the Dline and especially the Dline coach Rob Leonard.........pleasantly surprised that Malcolm Koonce is a rugby convert like me 🙂 though that's where the similarities end 😁

John Jenkins seems like a really cool dude too. Maxx is like our best PR guy at the moment!

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 11:38 AM, Darbsk said:

Just watched this one too:

Interesting to hear from the Dline and especially the Dline coach Rob Leonard.........pleasantly surprised that Malcolm Koonce is a rugby convert like me 🙂 though that's where the similarities end 😁

John Jenkins seems like a really cool dude too. Maxx is like our best PR guy at the moment!

I miss when that was DC

Those all white Vikings unis are cleeeean. Absolutely beautiful.

It makes me wish the Raiders played around with theirs even just once and do an all black one.

F4Y0W2sWEAABDkg.jpg:large

All Black concept by @ra1dernat10n on Instagram. What y'all think about em?  : r/raiders

I am all for history and tradition but Mark would make bank adding some spice here and there once in a while.

• Like 1

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

It makes me wish the Raiders played around with theirs even just once and do an all black one.

All Black concept by @ra1dernat10n on Instagram. What y'all think about em?  : r/raiders

I am all for history and tradition but Mark would make bank adding some spice here and there once in a while.

I’m one of those guys that each time makes a comment on how we shouldn’t ever mess with our uniforms. 

Gotta admit though, those are some sick threads…   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The "Vegas Nights" uniform. Always bet on Black. The marketing is there in spades. 

• Like 2