Lucky Irish Mock draft V2

LuckyIrish23

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's a second round pick for a one year rental, isn't it?

If they really wanted to make it work, you just extend him in the 2019 year. With the 2019 $12M hit though we don't have a lot of wiggle room to stretch it since he'll be getting $18+ on his new deal. Paying him that and Adams as well is hard to stomach, but filling the position out with 3 rookies makes it a bit easier

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

If they really wanted to make it work, you just extend him in the 2019 year. With the 2019 $12M hit though we don't have a lot of wiggle room to stretch it since he'll be getting $18+ on his new deal. Paying him that and Adams as well is hard to stomach, but filling the position out with 3 rookies makes it a bit easier

If you're going to give him a huge contract, get him in Free Agency next year and keep the pick would be my counter argument.

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you're going to give him a huge contract, get him in Free Agency next year and keep the pick would be my counter argument.

Then the other end of that is, is the 2nd round pick worth the 1 year of play you get out of him, plus being able to eat some of his new contract in 2019 and not give another year for contracts to inflate more. Not saying either one is more right than the other

There's a reason we've never signed or traded for a WR when Aaron has been here. Let them go through the growing with and trust process when they're young and cheap, and pay them when they produce at peak.

I honestly believe if you gave AJ Green and Allison identical numbers of snaps next year with Rodgers as the QB, the production would be similar, if not favoring GMo.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's a reason we've never signed or traded for a WR when Aaron has been here. Let them go through the growing with and trust process when they're young and cheap, and pay them when they produce at peak.

I honestly believe if you gave AJ Green and Allison identical numbers of snaps next year with Rodgers as the QB, the production would be similar, if not favoring GMo.

.......oh

I would rather we spend the pick or cash somewhere else, but give me a freaking break with this comment hahahaha

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Dead serious man. It takes a year for Rodgers to trust you.

after further consideration I would like to nominate your post for the Football's Future Hall of Fame

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Who votes on these things? @CWood21 ?

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

GMo was on pace for 1160 yards and 8 TDs this year in his 4 games he was healthy. I actually think it's laughable you find this some outlandish statement.

It takes a year for rookies to get Rodgers' trust. I have a feeling that an All-Pro caliber receiver would pick it up a little quicker. Is there a single thing that GMo is better at than Green? You could argue his hands? Everything else is AJ. 

Archived