GDT 2018: Week 16 - Baltimore Ravens @ LA Chargers - Saturday Night Football

drd23

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Is Patrick Onwuasor the most improved player on this team since last year?

It makes sense, we’ve done a pretty good job with developing ILBs and Peanut was a converted collegiate safety. So perhaps with just getting into our program and playbook more he’s been able to lift his play up to another level.

5 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Please show me the instances where Joe Flacco has consistently put up those numbers against top 10 NFL defenses outside of the playoffs, I’ll wait.

Heck, show me non-elite QBs that are consistently doing that. When you’re dealing with great defenses putting up touchdowns can be difficult. Case and point, how many points has Rivers put up to this point against our top 10 defense?

You can go find those stats yourself, the point still stands. When we face a chargers offense, we can't expect our defense to hold them to 2-3 scores, which means our offense has to produce more points than usual if we want to go to the playoff, no matter who is behind center. We had 3 red zone trips so far and before the long TD we got 2 field goals. That is not the way to get to the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Danand said:

You can go find those stats yourself, the point still stands. When we face a chargers offense, we can't expect our defense to hold them to 2-3 scores, which means our offense has to produce more points than usual if we want to go to the playoff, no matter who is behind center. We had 3 red zone trips so far and before the long TD we got 2 field goals. That is not the way to get to the playoffs.

Let's not act like we didn't have bad red zone offenses under Flacco, too. This is still an offense learning and improving and IMHO we're already miles ahead of where Flacco's offense ever got us.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Let's not act like we didn't have bad red zone offenses under Flacco, too. This is still an offense learning and improving and IMHO we're already miles ahead of where Flacco's offense ever got us.

I wouldn't go that far (unless you're purely talking about excitement)

6 minutes ago, Danand said:

You’re forgetting that part of that is going for it on 4th and 3. Had we taken the 3 points there we are up by 9 points in this game.

I’m not saying Jackson shouldn’t be putting up points. I’m saying expecting that he should’ve had 24 points on the board in the first half against a top 10 defense is not sensical. Would it have been nice, sure, but that’s not realistic.

Archived