Matt Barkley Extended

soflbillsfan

7 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Would you guys prefer to bring in another veteran for our 3rd string QB or go after a late round flier in the draft?

I would like to keep Anderson, he is a veteran backup who can step in if need be and still mentor Allen at times. I know some debate about thats what coaches are for but having a knowledgeable guy like Anderson could help in Allens progression and still be someone on the field in case of an emergency.

11 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I would like to keep Anderson, he is a veteran backup who can step in if need be and still mentor Allen at times. I know some debate about thats what coaches are for but having a knowledgeable guy like Anderson could help in Allens progression and still be someone on the field in case of an emergency.

This. We have cash, so it's not like we have to count pennies to ensure we have a clipboard holder. Having two veteran sets of eyes to give Josh feedback, etc. would probably be as good as upgrading the QB coach. I think this is a very safe move and it's not like he'd be locked into some stupid 4 year contract.

Archived