Steelers vs. Saints GDT

MOSteelers56

10 hours ago, 3rivers said:

colbert most of all, but I doubt anything happens.  It would take a few years in a row off missing the playoffs with a healthy roster before anything happens.

Keep drafting late in the rounds and it will catch up to you.

Replace the scouts first.  The old boys club is not helping.

26 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

also the phantom penalties helped the saints. I would say once all that was removed, we win by 10 or more in the dome. And that is without our pro bowl RB, legit pro bowl RB . But as we all know, that isn't the nfl, the nfl is a league that is seriously flawed in how much the refs can influence a game and how bad in game coaching can turn a game around.

our D was actually holding their own at that stage in the game. But maybe tomlin sensed the failure of the D was inevitable as it was all season. 

I'd say you're delusional or naive if you think they would have stopped Brees at home with the potential to clinch the 1st overall seed.

NE has to be the favorites in the AFC at this point time.  

Andy Reid blows it in the playoffs every year.  

Houston does not seem to be super bowl caliber yet.

The ravens are on a hot streak but I doubt they can go to the SB with a rookie QB.

10 minutes ago, DR43 said:

NE has to be the favorites in the AFC at this point time.  

Andy Reid blows it in the playoffs every year.  

Houston does not seem to be super bowl caliber yet.

The ravens are on a hot streak but I doubt they can go to the SB with a rookie QB.

I can see the ravens overwhelming the pats with their run game and defense. Chargers and Chiefs have a history of choking. Houston is really a WC team at heart. Colts might be a year away from doing postseason damage. sadly, I only see the Ravens or Pats making it out of the AFC.

You know what I thought long and hard last night and this morning. I don't typically take this route but I'm going to. I hear people say that the Steelers could have controlled their own destiny against the Los Angeles Chargers and other teams. I am calling BS. The officials handed the LA Chargers that game it is undeniable. Despite all of the mistakes we made in that game and all its opportunities we might not have taken advantage of if you take away the three touchdowns in the officials gifted the LA Chargers we win that game in a landslide. Last night was 3 of the worst defensive pass interference calls I've ever seen in my entire life especially the ones that went against Joe Haden. And then the officials at the audacity to not call offensive pass interference against Michael Thomas in the end zone for the touchdown where the Saints took the lead. Once again I team was gifted 21 points to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. Yeah we definitely have problems and yes changes need to be made especially on the defensive side of the ball but this team is damn well good enough to be anybody in the league and it shows to me when the officials take control of a game like they did that the officials are afraid of the Pittsburgh Steelers ability to win another Superbowl. Why I have no idea but if it's not true then why in the hell is the officiating so bad in virtually every game we play. If there has ever been a case to make pass interference calls at the very least reviewable this entire season is that case

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, sometimes getting one elite player is better than getting 3 pretty good ones. We need an elite player on the defensive side. 

Well not only that, but (and people need to spare the "it takes two to deal" BS, people are always looking to deal) moving down from time to time gives you the ammo to move up when you see that one elite player you want.  There was 13 draft picks between Artie Burns and Xavian Howard, 5 trades, including the pick behind us.

32 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If there has ever been a case to make pass interference calls at the very least reviewable this entire season is that case

The problem with this, and we all know it, is they will never have a reason to ever overturn one.  It's why they don't want to do it.  It admits their refs were wrong.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Also talking heads saying it right:

dont blame Tomlin for going for it using hindsight. 

That's right.

Blame him for losing to the Raiders. Or deciding that on 3-2 with the ability to ice the game completely, he decided to give it to a RB who has like 5 carries all year.

And what’s the answer if we fire Tomlin and the next coach fails to make the playoffs? Fire him too? What about the one after that? If Colbert doesn’t draft a franchise QB right when ben retires should we fire Colbert? What if that GM pulls us to the bottom of the league?

If the expectation is Super Bowls then everyone, including GM and scouts are held to that standard too, as is the next coach, right?

6 hours ago, warfelg said:

Also talking heads saying it right:

dont blame Tomlin for going for it using hindsight. 

It would still a be stupid call to use a plodding FB on a 4th and 5 dive on a fake punt instead of just putting the ball in the hands of just about anybody on offense...Ben/AB/JuJu/Vance/Samuels...Christ even James, Switz or Washington probably.

Even if they made it, it still would have been a stupid call.

Archived