GB's and SLappers: Bucs at Dallas

HDsportsfan

15 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Game Balls:

Randy Gregory - He’s getting better every week and beginning to look every bit of the top 10 player many believed him to be coming out of Nebraska.

LVE - The guy is a tacking machine, and recovering the onside kick was the play of the game, in my opinion.

Jaylon Smith - He looked like he had a rocket up his a$$ on that TD.

Slappers:

Scott Linehan - That goal line series was the worst play calling he’s made all season. Not a single handoff to Zeke? Against the 32nd ranked rush defense?? REALLY?? You sir, need to be fired.

Quincy - I’m tired of the excuses. He just can’t play. He’s holding this team back with his inability to make easy throws, make decisions, and his high school level pocket awareness. I love his intangibles, but he’s a TERRIBLE QB.

Chidobe Awuzie - I know that he had the difficult task of covering Mike Evans for much of the game, but he was beated like a drum for much of it, and he got away with two really bad PI non-calls.

The Refs - 1. They missed three, THREE, facemask penalties against Bucs defenders. 2. The phantom roughing the passer penalty against Randy Gregory. 3. The missed (and blatant) offensive PI against Mike Evans on Awuzie in the end zone. 4. The phantom delay of game penalty against D-Law. 5. The phantom holding penalty against Tyron Smith. 6. The phanton unnecessary roughness penalty against Xavier Woods. Those penalties resulted in 14 of the Bucs’ 20 points. The refs CANNOT have the much of an influence on games.

simple question. if Dak "just can't play" then why did he have such an exceptional rookie year? He showed under reasonable circumstances "he could play" and actually played great in the playoffs!

10 hours ago, quiller said:

GB. DL and shout out for the two turnovers by Gregory.  LB crew   Elliot ran very hard with again little help from OL. Dak 1 sack 5 incomplete passes (1 drop Elliot) 2 TD  

CL - secondary we gave up almost 400 yards on D it was the turnovers caused by the front 4 and some bad play by their QB who saved the day here 

kickoffs - I am so tired of us giving up big returns in kick offs 

ref-  TB had 7 first downs per penalty and each week I see something new where a ref just seems to make up a call the delay where our guy is pointing out a TB linemen moved should be embarrassing for the NFL but it won’t even get a blurb   

Playcalling   -   Watching this I had a thought that our coaches were just trying out knew things to see hey will this work    Brown has been targeted like 5 times or so all year critical red zone possession you call a fade to him ????   Where are the routes for Cooper ???    

——/

well I read all the bashing of Dak I won’t have time and they don’t really show it on replays anyway but other then the obvious miss of Jarvis x2 would love for some one to just back up Their statement that Dak is missing wide open receivers left and right by giving us fans a count how many deep 15-20 plus yard open recievers Dak Missed this game...

my guess not many as the coaches have been calling a lot of “shorter” routes because they don’t trust the OL to protect long enough 

Quincy only attempted two passes longer than 15 yards, so that should answer your question.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

simple question. if Dak "just can't play" then why did he have such an exceptional rookie year? He showed under reasonable circumstances "he could play" and actually played great in the playoffs!

Because no one had any game tape on him and he was surrounded by an all-star cast. Now, teams have game film on him and he isn’t surrounded by elite talent at nearly every position, so all of his flaws are easily exploited. 

53 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Because no one had any game tape on him and he was surrounded by an all-star cast. Now, teams have game film on him and he isn’t surrounded by elite talent at nearly every position, so all of his flaws are easily exploited. 

I would also argue that Scott Linehan was forced out of his desired offense in 2016. He not only lost Romo, but he lost his QB2 that year. And Romo's injury didn't happen until pre season week 3. They were in a mad scramble to scrap together a game plan every week. They leaned heavy on Zeke, and protected the 4th round rookie QB3 with play action, roll outs, QB draws, and screens. They limited how many times he would even attempt a pass, as he finished only 23rd in attempts, a career low.  But the whole success of the season was predicated on SL NOT being able to do what he wanted. The wins were built through limiting what SL was able to call.

Now to your point, yes teams have tape on that simple run first, roll out, playaction offense, and yes our roster isn't as strong on the OL as it was. But we also never really tried to go back to it.

In 2017 with a full off season, Scott Linehan seemingly took the training wheels off and the rest of the wheels came off with it. Dak has been setting personal records for passing attempts every year he's been in the league. After the 2017 season Stephen Jones said the Cowboys basically tried the Romo friendly offense and would now try to build something for Dak in 2018 because that didn't work. They now ask him to run less, and he is about to throw over 500 times for the first time ever.

So yes our offense has regressed without Witten, Frederick etc... and game film, but we are also asking WAYYY more of him than we did his rookie year.

On 12/23/2018 at 8:52 PM, plan9misfit said:

Game Balls:

Randy Gregory - He’s getting better every week and beginning to look every bit of the top 10 player many believed him to be coming out of Nebraska.

LVE - The guy is a tacking machine, and recovering the onside kick was the play of the game, in my opinion.

Jaylon Smith - He looked like he had a rocket up his a$$ on that TD.

Slappers:

Scott Linehan - That goal line series was the worst play calling he’s made all season. Not a single handoff to Zeke? Against the 32nd ranked rush defense?? REALLY?? You sir, need to be fired.

Quincy - I’m tired of the excuses. He just can’t play. He’s holding this team back with his inability to make easy throws, make decisions, and his high school level pocket awareness. I love his intangibles, but he’s a TERRIBLE QB.

Chidobe Awuzie - I know that he had the difficult task of covering Mike Evans for much of the game, but he was beated like a drum for much of it, and he got away with two really bad PI non-calls.

The Refs - 1. They missed three, THREE, facemask penalties against Bucs defenders. 2. The phantom roughing the passer penalty against Randy Gregory. 3. The missed (and blatant) offensive PI against Mike Evans on Awuzie in the end zone. 4. The phantom delay of game penalty against D-Law. 5. The phantom holding penalty against Tyron Smith. 6. The phanton unnecessary roughness penalty against Xavier Woods. Those penalties resulted in 14 of the Bucs’ 20 points. The refs CANNOT have the much of an influence on games.

Plan, you are going to hate me, if you don't already.

You all know how, in the past,  I have been crying about fixes and refs influencing games.

That sentiment still holds.

But with regards to the horrible officiating, perhaps it isn't all their fault.

What I mean is, the rules have become so obscure that perhaps the officials are just as confused about what a catch is or PI or holding or roughing.

Not trying to defend them, just saying these "rules" are so unclear that perhaps they are just guessing?

4 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Plan, you are going to hate me, if you don't already.

You all know how, in the past,  I have been crying about fixes and refs influencing games.

That sentiment still holds.

But with regards to the horrible officiating, perhaps it isn't all their fault.

What I mean is, the rules have become so obscure that perhaps the officials are just as confused about what a catch is or PI or holding or roughing.

Not trying to defend them, just saying these "rules" are so unclear that perhaps they are just guessing?

They aren’t “just guessing”. Dean Blandino has gone on record a number of times to state that they are directed to call games a certain way, but have a tendency to go overboard due to a lack of solid leadership on their side.

On 12/24/2018 at 10:11 AM, plan9misfit said:

Quincy only attempted two passes longer than 15 yards, so that should answer your question.

That we didn’t run any deep routes.  That our OL didn’t give time enough for deep routes to get open or that Dak panicked every throw and ignored any one that was past the first down marker ....    tells nothing    I’ve watched a lot of the Ellite QB’s absolutely destroy the other team by constantly throwing the ball under ten yards and it’s hapoened against us a lot 

my guess after a statement like that coaches didn’t trust OL to block well enough but hey I just think Dak is a mid to average PASSER who has other skills that let him win games including the intangible will to not loose

I wish there was a way to see how many times our WRs actually go deep on a pct basis vs other teams. Yeah I know someone will come up with a video of a WR going deep and Dak not looking and claim that Dallas does do it. My guess is they are no where near what the average BFL team is doing. Especially with Dallas and the ball control offense. 

Having said that, No one really knows how good/bad or average Dak is at going deep when so little does Dallas run an offense with this as a design. 

13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Your perspective changes when you arent watching the broadcast, amirite?

Did you watch the safeties? Were deep routes open?

There's pros and cons to watching in the stands. Some thing's you see better from home. But the WR/DB battle is so much better in the stands. 

And yes deep routes occasionally came open. Gallup caught one of them, though that was tighter coverage, it was NFL open. Amari and Beasley are almost always open. When both guys are on the field idk how teams cover us. And with Gallup? Lights out

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

There's pros and cons to watching in the stands. Some thing's you see better from home. But the WR/DB battle is so much better in the stands. 

And yes deep routes occasionally came open. Gallup caught one of them, though that was tighter coverage, it was NFL open. Amari and Beasley are almost always open. When both guys are on the field idk how teams cover us. And with Gallup? Lights out

They dont cover us. They just make sure their not wide open, knowing our amazing QB will check down to Zeke.

Archived