It's time to commit to Nick / What to do with Foles?

Art_Vandalay

13 hours ago, Shoeless said:

To be fair, I don't think anyone in their right mind would just flat-out keep Foles over Wentz lol.

Let me ask you a simple question: Would you rather have...

A.) Wentz, and paying him an insane amount of cap hit dollars for the next 8-10 years

or

B.) Foles for another 6-7 years, (3 or 4) additional 1st round picks, and the money to sign a game-changing RB?

A - Wentz. When completely healthy he is a better QB than Foles. I like Foles a lot and he does have the capabilities to win a championship but without a super cast around him, he is not better than Wentz. Allow Wentz to completely heal, trade Foles and move on from there. We got 10 draft picks to find DBs, workhorse RB, another HB to replace Sproles, and O-line depth (Depending on if Peters, Brooks, and Kelce come back). Make no mistake, injuries are what sunk this season. We need to heal up and get ready for Summer of 2019. 

Go Birds

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The Jags, Dolphins, Raiders, Bengals, Redskins or Giants are the most likely landing spots for Nick. It is worth trying to control his destination to keep him away from the latter 2. 

I will throw up in my mouth if BDN joins the Washington Racist Names or the NY Maras.

Jags make the most sense assuming He and his family dont mind living in Florida?

Foles is Dead to me if he signs with the Giants or Redskins. Honestly  outside of some ridiculous offer he can't refuse, I don't see him wanting to go to either knowing the effect it will have on Eagle Fans and his relationship  with the city.

Monumental difference from being traded like McNabb and choosing another NFCE team ala Desean,  TO, ect.

Honest question Eagles nation,

Everyone seems to expect us to make a serious run at Nick Foles especially with the signing of Flip. Do you honestly think he will be successful for us? I feel like he benefited from being in a great system, had a strong OL and supporting cast etc so I am very concerned he is going to be a major flop for us since our offense doesnt have near the weapons that you do

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Honest question Eagles nation,

Everyone seems to expect us to make a serious run at Nick Foles especially with the signing of Flip. Do you honestly think he will be successful for us? I feel like he benefited from being in a great system, had a strong OL and supporting cast etc so I am very concerned he is going to be a major flop for us since our offense doesnt have near the weapons that you do

With the hiring of Flip, Yes actually. Assuming they run a similar Offense. You have with or without Fournett what we didn't a Running game. Yes the OL isnt as good but what makes Foles so good is his ability to get rid of the ball quickly "within" the offense/play call.

Now if they are changing him to fit whatever they want, good luck. Your HC/OC needs to do exactly  what Pederson did. CHANGE the offense  to fit BDN strengths. Not the other way around. 

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

With the hiring of Flip, Yes actually. Assuming they run a similar Offense. You have with or without Fournett what we didn't a Running game. Yes the OL isnt as good but what makes Foles so good is his ability to get rid of the ball quickly "within" the offense/play call.

Now if they are changing him to fit whatever they want, good luck. Your HC/OC needs to do exactly  what Pederson did. CHANGE the offense  to fit BDN strengths. Not the other way around. 

Yea you can't fit round pegs in square holes and if we try that then we deserve to fail. You would hope bringing Flip in and letting him run his offense would be the plan because otherwise why the heck even hire him but stranger things have happened

Foles to Jacksonville for #7 and #69 this year and a 2020 2nd. We've seen worse trades for unproven quarterbacks, let alone a superbowl MVP whose played under Flip. The Jags have the extra 3 due to the Fowler trade too.

Jacksonville goes back to being a contender with Foles under center, the Eagles can fill holes with 5 picks in the first 70.

Archived