Android Thread

BobbyPhil1781

5 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Then why give the user the option? A little misleading but I'm sure there's some reason for it. I'm sure this is why I've never looked into it. Thanks again for the info

It's useful for when an app crashes and is not responding, kinda like CTRL + ALT + DEL.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't know if there's a laptops thread but you guys seem like people who are in the know

Is this a good laptop or no.  I don't do it gaming so I not worried about that 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122487854159

It's not bad but just seems weird to me. Tell me, what will the main purpose of your using of this device? Below might be the better thread to ask if you want more opinions though.

48 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

It's not bad but just seems weird to me. Tell me, what will the main purpose of your using of this device? Below might be the better thread to ask if you want more opinions though.

More just browsing, some word processing, Netflix when traveling 

. Don't need anything crazy 

34 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

More just browsing, some word processing, Netflix when traveling 

. Don't need anything crazy 

If your price point is a big influence in your decision, I'd look into getting a good Chromebook if that's all you're looking to do. Probably get more bang for your buck that way. That eBay page just looked too "salesmen" to me if that makes sense. That's why I said it looked weird lol. Since today is Cyber Monday, you'll probably find some good deals on Chromebooks. They obviously work better if your online life is integrated in Google but it's certainly not a necessity.

4 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

If your price point is a big influence in your decision, I'd look into getting a good Chromebook if that's all you're looking to do. Probably get more bang for your buck that way. That eBay page just looked too "salesmen" to me if that makes sense. That's why I said it looked weird lol. Since today is Cyber Monday, you'll probably find some good deals on Chromebooks. They obviously work better if your online life is integrated in Google but it's certainly not a necessity.

I'm too stubborn and still want a CD/DVD drive cause I'm old lol 

On 11/28/2018 at 7:44 AM, navysaintsfan said:

So I went ahead and got the OnePlus 6T and I obviously wasn't ready for this little beast. Just wow.

I was going to get it then instead, saw Verizon had $400 off the Pixel 3 XL and snagged it instead since that basically put it at retail price of the 6T. My coworker has it. Looks like a solid phone!!

Got a Pixel 3 XL (as I said above which is why I came here initially lol). The Night Sight feature w/ this camera is just stupid. Pictures are so insanely clear in no/little light. Literally the Christmas tree was the only thing on in this pic and it turned out so nice even if you click on it to zoom it in 100000X like Imgur allows.

https://i.imgur.com/RStCCx7.jpg

So far, I have no gripes w/ this phone at all. I'll wait to see how memory management holds up but if I have to open an app again I haven't used in 20 mins, not a big deal at all. Not sure why it would be to anyone TBH. Love everything about it so I hope the phone holds up. Will continue to keep me loyal to the Google phones. 

On 11/29/2018 at 2:29 PM, JTagg7754 said:

I was going to get it then instead, saw Verizon had $400 off the Pixel 3 XL and snagged it instead since that basically put it at retail price of the 6T. My coworker has it. Looks like a solid phone!!

With a fair amount of time with it now, it is so much better than just solid. It's a little monster under the hood. That SD845 with 8 gbs RAM have this thing flying. Hard to find any real faults to me.