Android Thread

BobbyPhil1781

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Anyone own a Oneplus 6 and like it?

My boss does.... at least I believe it's a 6. He's been all over 1+ since the 3 I believe and I know his current is at least a 5. If they worked w/ Verizon, I probably would've got one long ago. Is there much of a difference between the 5 and 6? It's one of those phones I never look into partly b/c I couldnt' before and Google has me w/ their Pixel line

OK Yeah my boss definitely has the 5. I didnt realize this one is this new. I hate all notches so I can't get on board w/ any of them. I read that an LG allows the notch to be hidden and that is the only way I'd be able to handle one. My OCD would go nuts.

Regardless, the stats you listed does make it appealing. Not sure why you wouldn't go that route especially if they offer some sort of money back on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Took my new phone on my trip, was nice to have a much better camera than my old SE. Looking at pictures side by side with the iPhones of my travel mates, everyone agreed my phone took better looking pictures so my phone unofficially became the shared picture phone. At the same time, I was mildly made fun of for not being able to Airdrop the pictures to them. Airdrop really is a nice feature so I can't really blame them.

Battery life is leaving something to be desired, need to figure out what's draining it I guess. I was at 100% at 6AM this morning. I streamed music for a couple hours and watched a couple youtube videos and I'm at 25%. Feels like I should have more battery left, maybe I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Took my new phone on my trip, was nice to have a much better camera than my old SE. Looking at pictures side by side with the iPhones of my travel mates, everyone agreed my phone took better looking pictures so my phone unofficially became the shared picture phone. At the same time, I was mildly made fun of for not being able to Airdrop the pictures to them. Airdrop really is a nice feature so I can't really blame them.

Battery life is leaving something to be desired, need to figure out what's draining it I guess. I was at 100% at 6AM this morning. I streamed music for a couple hours and watched a couple youtube videos and I'm at 25%. Feels like I should have more battery left, maybe I'm wrong.

What does AirDrop do? I'm not familiar w/ it but I'm certain there's an equivalent on this OS. As for battery, if that's a new phone, that's definitely strange. I use GSam to show me what part of the phone is using the most battery power and it can be used to assist in preserving it a little better. There are other competitors out there but this one I've just DLed once and never looked back after I saw improvement even though it wasn't exponential. 

One thing I do, and I'm not sure how much of it is true, is I never fully charge my phone. I only charge it during the day and get it to as close to 100% by night and leave it uncharged. Now, if I were going somewhere and a charge wouldn't be present, I would do it differently. Since my normal routing consists of going to work or staying at home, then I have access to chargers are each location. The reason I do this is b/c I've read it's bad to have a fully charged full still on the charger. Again, if it's true or not is beyond me but I've had my phone for almost a year (I think) and it's battery is as good as the day I got it.

3 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

AirDrop lets you share files from iPhone to iPhone. I think it's primarily used for picture sharing and nothing else. I think it uses bluetooth to share the files but I'm not 100% sure. 

Battery seems better today maybe but it's tough to say. 

You can do that easily through the Google Photos app assuming all parties have it. You can create albums, share it w/ specific people and everyone can update the album accordingly and everyone will get notified/be able to access them. Everyone just needs to have the Google Photos app which they all should anyway b/c of free, unlimited storage.

• 4 weeks later...