Week Whatever Game Day Commiseration Destination: Packers Versus Lions

MacReady

Just now, packerjmf said:

Was somebody covering Williams on 3rd down, because he looked wide open to me. Aaron still refusing to take the check down?

Just now, packerbacker87 said:

Why not just throw it to Williams there he was just standing there wide open 

Just now, Siman08/OH said:

I mean what was that? Open RB and Kumerow open on the crossing route and no throw.

It took y'all this long to see that?  I have been SCREAMING this all damn season long! 

It could be third and one with 40 seconds left to go up by 5 in a Super Bowl and the best receiving RB in NFL history could be wide open for a five yard game while everybody else is covered and Rodgers wouldn't throw that open flat pass. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

It took y'all this long to see that?  I have been SCREAMING this all damn season long! 

It could be third and one with 40 seconds left to go up by 5 in a Super Bowl and the best receiving RB in NFL history could be wide open for a five yard game while everybody else is covered and Rodgers wouldn't throw that open flat pass. 

After the review they were all covered well. Shocking also 

Just now, PACKRULE said:

After the review they were all covered well. Shocking also 

Williams was not remotely covered to prevent a completion.  Defender had position to come up and possibly make a tackle, but in nobody's definition of "covered" was Williams covered. 

That was clearly, obviously, one hundred percent the right decision to make to throw to Williams and give a chance at a first. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Williams was not remotely covered to prevent a completion.  Defender had position to come up and possibly make a tackle, but in nobody's definition of "covered" was Williams covered. 

That was clearly, obviously, one hundred percent the right decision to make to throw to Williams and give a chance at a first. 

There was a defender within 5 yards and Williams stopped well short of the first down marker. Yes AR could have thrown it. Likely wouldn’t have made it. You are in the wrong thread for your AR bashing. 

Just now, PACKRULE said:

There was a defender within 5 yards and Williams stopped well short of the first down marker. Yes AR could have thrown it. Likely wouldn’t have made it. You are in the wrong thread for your AR bashing. 

Your definition of 5 yards is not so great.  The second Williams came open the ball should have been thrown.  The defender was still backpedaling when Williams stopped his route.  If you think a defender can run 7 yards from backpedaling to make that tackle, you're wrong. 

Archived