BirdBox {Netflix)

Manny/Patrick

Watched this tonight. It was...okay. I've never been a fan of apocalyptic type stories that stay as vague/unexplained as this one did. I also kind of wish they had gone with the ending the book did, as weird as it was and as much as it would've freaked people out. Kind of wish they did a number of things the way the book did, but I'm not surprised they didn't. Went way too bright and cheerful, considering what was actually going on in the world in the movie.

42 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Bright wasn’t getting hyped like this. I think it’s because the idea of people having to be blindfolded to get ahead is symbolism. 

I remember Bright getting a lot of negative attention with a lot of people saying it was the worst movie of the year.

2 hours ago, August4th said:

some people think netflix paid people to create online memes to stir up hype on social media lol I can see something like that happening

I thought the movie was alright but the amount of hype/discussion it is getting on social media rn is unreal. 

4 hours ago, RamRod said:

I remember Bright getting a lot of negative attention with a lot of people saying it was the worst movie of the year.

Same.

4 hours ago, August4th said:

some people think netflix paid people to create online memes to stir up hype on social media lol I can see something like that happening

Most big media companies probably do something of the sort, but popular memes are usually organic.

14 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Watched this tonight. It was...okay. I've never been a fan of apocalyptic type stories that stay as vague/unexplained as this one did. I also kind of wish they had gone with the ending the book did, as weird as it was and as much as it would've freaked people out. Kind of wish they did a number of things the way the book did, but I'm not surprised they didn't. Went way too bright and cheerful, considering what was actually going on in the world in the movie.

Apocalyptic? Might be worth a watch then, although Netflix has a bad record in my eyes when it comes to post-apoc films.

Archived