Bears vs Vikings GDT

Malfatron

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

They also took Josh Jones over Alvin Kamara. That's what happens when you draft need over BPA.

That’s just kind of my point. Teams miss all the time all over the draft. It’s really hard to draft, especially in the mid to late rounds. I read somewhere that 25% of first rounders are “good” players, 15% in round 2, 10% in round 3, and it goes even lower as the draft moves on. To find Pro Bowlers and good players after the 10% drop off on more than one occasion is pretty impressive.

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Floyd is the most inconsistent Bears defender and is hurt every year. His production isn’t where it should be. Hopefully you guys are the team that gives him $18M because that’ll be unintelligent.

Believe me I would love to have Floyd, I think his game is trending upwards. He's looked damn good lately and had a good game against the Packers. Someone will offer him more than you can match believe me.

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That’s just kind of my point. Teams miss all the time all over the draft. It’s really hard to draft, especially in the mid to late rounds. I read somewhere that 25% of first rounders are “good” players, 15% in round 2, 10% in round 3, and it goes even lower as the draft moves on. To find Pro Bowlers and good players after the 10% drop off on more than one occasion is pretty impressive.

Well you didn't know the mindset of TT, he never valued RB until later rounds he wouldn't have touched Cohen until the 5th round,  those guys would've been reaches for him at those draft slots. He had Jones graded higher than Jackson which was a mistake in retrospect ill give you that one.

24 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Floyd is the most inconsistent Bears defender and is hurt every year. His production isn’t where it should be. Hopefully you guys are the team that gives him $18M because that’ll be unintelligent.

Crazy, huh?

Not sure we can downplay Pace’s mid round finds just because his picks there were top 10-12. 

In the 3rd round in 2017, GB took Montravius Adams over Kenny Golladay, Cohen and Jackson. I’m supposed to blame Pace for that?

In case you were not aware, I was agreeing with you.

38 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think if you’re finding good players in the 4th and 5th rounds consistently, you can’t really say that. I’d agree if it was top 10 *overall* picks, but the bottom line is he’s finding not just decent, depth pieces but Pro Bowl players in the 4th and 5th rounds. Anyone could have taken Jackson or Cohen or Amos a round earlier.

Packers had the first pick of the 2017 fourth round and took Vince Biegel over Jackson & Cohen. Vikings took Jaleel Johnson over Jackson & Cohen. Washington took Samjae Perine over Cohen.

We've had this argue to death with the Ted haters who say the same thing. You can't argue that more draft capital isn't beneficial because everyone has a chance at late round picks.

The next two years the NFCN will have substantially more draft capital than you guys and it will close the gap for sure.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We've had this argue to death with the Ted haters who say the same thing. You can't argue that more draft capital isn't beneficial because everyone has a chance at late round picks.

The next two years the NFCN will have substantially more draft capital than you guys and it will close the gap for sure.

The difference in "draft capital" after the first 2 rounds (and certainly the first 3 rounds) is greatly exaggerated.  

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

The difference in "draft capital" after the first 2 rounds (and certainly the first 3 rounds) is greatly exaggerated.  

That's the whole point. They are extremely short on those premium picks the next two years. 

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You can't break a draft in half and say it's important here but not here.

Having more draft capital is better than having less, that is a point not arguable. Is every team alotted an equal 7 bites at the apple? Sure, but someone saying the Bears being last in the NFCN for what 6 straight years gave them the roster building position to build to this point is not a statement that can be argued by saying "well you took Vince Biegel over Tarik Cohen."

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Having more draft capital is better than having less, that is a point not arguable. Is every team alotted an equal 7 bites at the apple? Sure, but someone saying the Bears being last in the NFCN for what 6 straight years gave them the roster building position to build to this point is not a statement that can be argued by saying "well you took Vince Biegel over Tarik Cohen."

Having picks is important, using them well is exponentially more important.  CHI has done better than GB in the last several years. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Especially since they took Trubisky over Mahommes and Watson, and traded up to get him! :D

Just now, squire12 said:

Having picks is important, using them well is exponentially more important.  CHI has done better than GB in the last several years. 

When you are picking a half round higher, you sure as hell should do better. They've sucked for 33 years, so at some point they were going to hit on a few of those high draft picks. 

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Yes that's what the NFL intended. We haven't overcome the disadvantage that comes with lower draft capital like we were able to in the past.

18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

While I agree, the flaw in the argument the Bear fans are using is that Pace can keep hitting on late round round picks.

While there are examples of GM's hitting in those spots, I am not sure there are any that can do it consistently.  At some point luck runs out.

4 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

While I agree, the flaw in the argument the Bear fans are using is that Pace can keep hitting on late round round picks.

While there are examples of GM's hitting in those spots, I am not sure there are any that can do it consistently.  At some point luck runs out.

That you are might be right on.  Only time will tell.  For all of TT great drafts in his early tenure, he really faltered in the last 3-4 years.  Looking back at those drafts really highlights the situation GB is in with a significant lack of talent on the roster.

Archived