Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Johnson was str8 trash last yr, & I was his biggest advocate wanting to see him take the NT job. He can’t anchor in the run game & he blows his gap a lot 

Austin Johnson just isn’t a pro caliber player. I’m ready to move on from him 

• Like 1

I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I'm just not going to be on the same page as our FO when it comes to our backup QB philosophy. With Mariota as our guy I see it as a very important spot, and one that we should be willing to invest a pretty good chunk of change in to get a high caliber backup. Ideally a backup with a similar skillset to Marcus, so that if/when Marcus goes down our offense doesn't get completely shell shocked. I'm honestly baffled that we didn't see Tyrod Taylor as a priority signing for us, but Jon has been content to stay pat with backups like Cassel and seemingly Gabbert over multiple years. That's probably my biggest gripe against him. With a QB like Marcus and his injury history why would you not prioritize signing a high quality backup that could keep your season afloat if Marcus goes down? Unless as I theorized earlier, you're just purposely setting up your team for better draft positioning if Marcus goes down for an extended period of time, so that you can be in a good position to get your next franchise QB.  Which doesn't make a lot of sense from a GM/Head Coach perspective in the NFL when seats get hot very quickly.  I just don't understand for the life of me how Jon could look at Blaine as our backup QB and say "we're good there" given Marcus' injury history and the performance we saw from Blaine in the Colts game last year.

2 options I’m interested in:

1) Trade a 3rd round pick to the Cardinals for Josh Rosen. Not only would he be a high quality backup, heck he would light a fire under Mariota’s butt. And ... down the road, if we keep Mariota, we can always trade Rosen for a 1st or 2nd round pick.

2) Sign Colin Kaepernick

Do I think either of these will happen? No. But I don’t know why JROB wouldn’t be interested, especially in option #1. Gabbert is absolute butt as a backup QB.

3 things that I’m very concerned about:

1) If Adam Humphries is going to play slot WR, do we really believe Taywan Taylor can hold down the outside WR2 position? He hasn’t shown enough that he can fit that role. We need to AT LEAST bring in one player (veteran) to compete with him for that role. 

Level of concern: 8/10

2) Pass rush/OLB: If Cam Wake played 47% of snaps last year, are we really going to keep him out there for 70%+ defensive snaps at OLB/DE? Who is going to make up the other 30-40% of snaps? Sharif Finch and Correa aren’t terrible options, but gosh, they sure don’t take over a game.

Level of concern: 6/10

3) Daquan Jones/Austin Johnson: These two were straight up garbage last year. I would rather stick a fridge out on the field that just stays in the same position from the time of snap to when the whistle blows than watch these guys get washed off the snap and pancaked (or just fall) to the ground.

Level of concern: 9/10

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

3 things that I’m very concerned about:

1) If Adam Humphries is going to play slot WR, do we really believe Taywan Taylor can hold down the outside WR2 position? He hasn’t shown enough that he can fit that role. We need to AT LEAST bring in one player (veteran) to compete with him for that role. 

Level of concern: 8/10

2) Pass rush/OLB: If Cam Wake played 47% of snaps last year, are we really going to keep him out there for 70%+ defensive snaps at OLB/DE? Who is going to make up the other 30-40% of snaps? Sharif Finch and Correa aren’t terrible options, but gosh, they sure don’t take over a game.

Level of concern: 6/10

3) Daquan Jones/Austin Johnson: These two were straight up garbage last year. I would rather stick a fridge out on the field that just stays in the same position from the time of snap to when the whistle blows than watch these guys get washed off the snap and pancaked (or just fall) to the ground.

Level of concern: 9/10

I don’t think Taywan can hold down the outside spot but my worry is the Titans will give him the opportunity to before we look else where and that scares me.

Look at his drops last season and they all felt like killers from Week 1 in Miami Week 4 vs Phi. I know when I was there vs the Giants he dropped 1 on 3rd down that ended the first drive.

On top of dropping the balls there were games we was wide open but Mariota over threw him but on one of those he found a way to almost run into a ref and missed a pass.

As far as Wake goes i still think the Titans first 2 picks in the draft are going Defense so one could be an Edge Rusher.

Theres still a chance we jump back in on Houston or a lesser named guy to go along with Finch an Correa

All offseason I’ve been saying Jones and Johnson are the same guy. Jones is a little bit better but both are mostly invisible all year round and we need to add guys.

Urban from the Ravens is still out there and we have the draft to add at the position most people saying is the deepest in the draft so by camp that will get fixed 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Stocker is gone!

Great now let’s sign a FB Henry is better running behind a lead block because he’s not a patient runner & misses the hole.. look how the patriots & saints still use a FB in the run game, or how bout we use jonnu in a HBack like how Washington use to use Chris Cooley 

honestly I'm kind of happy Stocker is gone

Not that he's not a useful player, because he's totally a serviceable player and a (pretty) good blocker. A good guy to have on the team. But we just used him way too much and I'm kind of happy we won't have him at our disposal because it takes snaps from younger and more talented guys. 

does that make sense?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Great now let’s sign a FB Henry is better running behind a lead block because he’s not a patient runner & misses the hole.. look how the patriots & saints still use a FB in the run game, or how bout we use jonnu in a HBack like how Washington use to use Chris Cooley 

Bring back Jalston ijs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

honestly I'm kind of happy Stocker is gone

Not that he's not a useful player, because he's totally a serviceable player and a (pretty) good blocker. A good guy to have on the team. But we just used him way too much and I'm kind of happy we won't have him at our disposal because it takes snaps from younger and more talented guys. 

does that make sense?

I’m more than happy with Walker Smith and Firkser.

Smith is coming off an acl injury? What was his injury I forget but either way he’s probably the one TE who might need time to come back but I still think we’ll be fine.

Mycole Pruit could be used or some guy off the street im sure the Titans figure out the blocking part of it

Also Kelly can get in some of those plays as the extra linemen so I’m not too worried