Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

24 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Still some names out there that you would think wouldn’t cost a ton if we are still looking for an outside guy

Chris Conley 

Donte Moncrief

Michael Crabtree

Jermaine Kearse

I forgot about Chris Conley. I'd be interested in him.

10 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I know each of the last two years Jrob has tried to fill the void at NT/DT.... How would yall feel about Danny Shelton on a 1 or two year deal? Kid is 26 and a proven run stuffer.. 1st round pedigree and could come cheap for what we'd need him to do....

I would be down for this; although Daquan and Austin Johnson already kind of fit this role — Run stopping strength with no pass rush ability. We need someone who can get like 4-6 sacks, don’t know if Shelton can do this.

7 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I know each of the last two years Jrob has tried to fill the void at NT/DT.... How would yall feel about Danny Shelton on a 1 or two year deal? Kid is 26 and a proven run stuffer.. 1st round pedigree and could come cheap for what we'd need him to do....

Shelton was one of my targets before all this... and would still want him... DL was one of the positions I'd thought we'd double dip on.  It's ultimately about BPA, but I'm still targeting DL early in the draft, with or without a FA signing.

34 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Still some names out there that you would think wouldn’t cost a ton if we are still looking for an outside guy

Chris Conley 

Donte Moncrief

Michael Crabtree

Jermaine Kearse

Moncrief was one of my fave's last offseason.  I think he may have put up his best statistical season... but my interest level is not there for him.  It's probably that Jag stench on him now...

WR was the other position I wanted us to double dip on.  I'm looking at the mid rounds... but wouldn't hate another FA signing.  Can't see us spending significant money on a 2nd FA WR

15 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

No because every NT we sign is a run stuffer but it doesn’t work because they don’t play a lot of snaps because we play a lot of nickel, this is why I rather we sign Muhammad Wilkerson or draft Dexter Lawrence 

I'm happy with our offseason so far as a whole, but I am a little disappointed that we didn't pull off any trades whether it be for AB, OBJ, or Dee Ford. I know more than likely the tango that we're playing with our salary cap probably dissuaded us from pulling the trigger on any of these trades more so than the picks themselves, but I still believe that we're going to have to take a calculated risk at some point to get more premium talent here and move the needle from being a middle of the road team to a legitimate contender. 

1 hour ago, Mariota615TN said:

I would be down for this; although Daquan and Austin Johnson already kind of fit this role — Run stopping strength with no pass rush ability. We need someone who can get like 4-6 sacks, don’t know if Shelton can do this.

I feel you, but they dont really stop the run all that well to me.. Daquan had the type of season last year, that if he has the same type of season THIS year, he's gonna get cut. Cant be paying a guy 6 milli for 35 tackles and 0 sacks.. Johnson is a bust to me for where he was picked. back up NT/DT at this point in his career IMO

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I feel you, but they dont really stop the run all that well to me.. Daquan had the type of season last year, that if he has the same type of season THIS year, he's gonna get cut. Cant be paying a guy 6 milli for 35 tackles and 0 sacks.. Johnson is a bust to me for where he was picked. back up NT/DT at this point in his career IMO

Johnson was str8 trash last yr, & I was his biggest advocate wanting to see him take the NT job. He can’t anchor in the run game & he blows his gap a lot 

• Like 1