Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, Mariota615TN said:

Real talk: With our additions thus far (not including who we might draft), how many wins better has our team gotten by signing these free agents?

Not to be negative just trying to be realistic, at best we're just holding serve. A lot of questions still on how the offense runs under a new OC, how the line gels and if the passing game takes a step forward. All the moves are positive (and seem to be good value), but I'm tempering expectations until we at least see some preseason. 

• Like 1

Interesting how Humphries cap number for year 1 is only 5 million and Saffold cap number is only 6 million for year 1. Is JROB planning on signing another big name free agent???

With Vaccaro+Pamphile+Wake cap numbers, I still believe we will have around 20-25 million free to spend.

4 hours ago, TitanTuff said:

JRob should build a team that can beat the Colts. Everything else will fall in line after that.

Until we shake off the Colt's shnide, we will never see the promise land.

That’s been my message all offseason.

Dont let week 17 out of anyone’s heads

We had to waive the white flag for most of that game and not blitz and just drop into coverage hoping Luck lost the game for them

Browns pick 6 was a gift and Landry was the only one to get to Luck so we’ll need a lot more than that to beat them.

How we build this team needs to start with winning the AFC South because it wasn’t much better in Houston on that Monday Night

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Likely just the Byard deal or wanting to roll over as much as possible for next year.

I still think the Titans make another signing jut don’t know who.

I know PK said we arnt in on Houston which could be true but maybe we find a way to get in on him.

Wilkerson And Urban are still unsigned 

Maybe the Titans get bold and go after Tyrell Williams he’s another name that’s been quiet

If we get a dlineman I will be very satisfied with our free agency. Still some other guys I really liked out there for all positions:

Tyrod Taylor - probably will go to Dolphins

Tyrell Williams - does JRob pull a stunner

Justin Houston - PK says we are not in on him

Shaq Barrett or Shane Ray - could get them cheap

And some dlineman still out there:

Ndamukong Suh 

Darius Philon

Muhammad Wilkerson

Malcom Brown

Brent Urban

Danny Shelton 

Christian Covington

Timmy Jernigan

Corey Liuget

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Likely just the Byard deal or wanting to roll over as much as possible for next year.

You don't save money now with the intent of just rolling it over... by taking smaller cap hits now, it makes caps years in future years higher... which uses up the rollover. 

The reason to keep the more immediate cap hits lower is to use the remaining money now... to give yourself options for late roster needs... etc...

While we may sign another player or so... most of the money is probably being set aside to extend some contracts. 

If needed, we can still create more cap room by cutting/extending some of those contracts (ie Jones, Kline, Ryan, Mariota, etc)... but ideally you use some of that current cap to extend players who are expected to get a big increase in pay (Byard, Henry).

I really don't love our pass rushers besides Landry who I more-so like rather than love at this point. Finch and Correa are pretty underwhelming and Wake is a dinosaur who while yes is still producing, could go extinct at any moment. His sack totals have decreased over the last 3 years.

Hard to say what's our biggest need at this point. We addressed pass rusher and WR but it still doesn't feel like it's enough. Interior d-line is probably just as big of a need. I think we need to add another WR in FA and in no particular order address pass rush, interior d-line, and interior o-line in the draft in the first 3 rounds.