Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

53 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Not only is he entering his prime, but he can also return punts which is something we need since Adoree is both too stupid and fragile and has butter fingers on top of it. Hump is easily worth 9 mil to our roster.

That's something I didn't consider when I was looking at these wrs, but it is pretty important. Like you said, punt returns were an adventure at times last year. I wasn't aware that Humphries so handled PR duties, but if he can help solidify that, its definitely a plus. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

One person's opinion,... A respected opinion, but one person's. And I haven't found a quote from Byard saying he was the best safety in the NFL (found a quote from him in 2016 saying he won't be surprised if he becomes elite or sonething along those lines). 

Conklin had 1 all pro season... Just like Byard. Doesn't make either elite. 

The young guys I mentioned also have the same credentials as Byard. They're all good... None of them, including Byard have established themselves over the others as elite. Bears fans will claim Jackson is elite... Same with Jets fans and Adams, Chargers fans with James, etc. Joyner, Collins were both considered elite just last year.

Outside of Titania, a very small percentage of people would consider Byard elite. The consensus is probably that he's damn and a chance to establish himself in that top/elite tier... But isn't there yet (just like the other thing guys). 

We tend to overrated our own players, like I said previously. Just because I dint think Byard will approach Collins' contract? He really should get an extension this year sometime, so we'll find out soon what his market really is. 

Not sure why a concensus outside of Titania matters when it’s abundantly evident that nobody watches the Titans play. Also not sure why him declaring himself elite matters when there are plenty of guys in the league who are elite but don’t declare it either. Cossell’s opinion holds a certain weight to it that not a lot of other people’s do because he actually watches all 32 teams, breaks down film, and actually understands the game.

Smith, Jackson, and Byard are the elite safeties in the game. Nobody can cover, play in the box, and ball hawk like those 3 (except for Derwin but I want to see him do it for one more year now that offenses know what he’s capable of and gameplan around him). Collins can’t cover like those guys, Joyner can’t ball hawk like those guys, Adams can’t ball hawk like those guys, Thomas can’t play in the box like those guys, McCourty can’t ball hawk like those guys, and Berry can’t stay on the field. 

11 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

That's something I didn't consider when I was looking at these wrs, but it is pretty important. Like you said, punt returns were an adventure at times last year. I wasn't aware that Humphries so handled PR duties, but if he can help solidify that, its definitely a plus. 

Yep he’s Mariani-esque. Not explosive but will choose to fair catch or return it correctly and is sure handed. Which I’m fine with after watching Adoree be an idiot out there.