2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

I’m done with AB talk. On to the next.

This FA class is stocked. Unfortunately, it’s lean at CB but the safety class makes up for it. There are so many good safeties that we should be able to get one fairly cheaply. Some safeties I wouldn’t mind grabbing:

Joyner, Boston, Honey Badger, Adrian Amos. These guys could all come in and either play deep safety or a dimebacker role. I’m hoping for progression from Sutton or Allen. Maybe Haden and Sensabaugh can hold it together with scotch tape one more year with improved safety play. 

In free agency I don't care if it's an outside linebacker or an inside linebacker I feel like we need to get a linebacker I would love a splash free agent but honestly I don't even care about that either I care about getting a guy who is better quality than a guy like Jon Bostic because let's be real that was a waste of a free agency signing. So is Morgan Burnett. I also want to hit up safety and it doesn't have to be a starter it has to be better than what we have on the roster in terms of depth. Awesome feel like we need to hit up wide receiver and I'm not talking about a replacement for Antonio Brown I'm just talkin about a replacement for dhb and Justin Hunter. I understand we have James Washington Eli Rogers and JuJu Schuster Smith on the roster I absolutely believe we will draft a wide receiver I pray to God it's not in the first round but it would not Shock Me. But I do feel that those are the three positions that we need to address in free agency you could add obviously cornerback to that roster I'm fine with that if you can address three of the four positions and again in my personal opinion they don't need to be starters they need to be guys who are better at in the depths than what we already have at least I don't know if those guys are out there obviously but that's just my opinion this is me just speaking on what the ideal situation would be but if you can address even a couple of those positions I think you put yourself in a pretty good position to succeed

39 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

They need 2 starters in FA...at the least.

At least one starter and three heavy rotation pieces. A pass rusher, ILB, $back, and CB. I’d rather try for the corner in the draft. I’d like a rotational 5 tech that can get after the QB a little too. Our defense needs talent and depth all over. 

Guys, we have Keion Adams.     That fact alone should make everyone feel better about the FO getting humiliated by Antonio Brown's "genius" tactic, of acting like a child until he got what he wanted.

On top of that, its another year we dont have to worry about drafting a pass rusher.    I just wish would pay Keion Adams the same amount we are paying Bud Dupree.     They are the fiercest pass rushing duo ever.   Its like having prime Lawrence Taylor and Bruce Smith together.

Kevin Colbert is a such a freaking genius!!!!

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’m done with AB talk. On to the next.

This FA class is stocked. Unfortunately, it’s lean at CB but the safety class makes up for it. There are so many good safeties that we should be able to get one fairly cheaply. Some safeties I wouldn’t mind grabbing:

Joyner, Boston, Honey Badger, Adrian Amos. These guys could all come in and either play deep safety or a dimebacker role. I’m hoping for progression from Sutton or Allen. Maybe Haden and Sensabaugh can hold it together with scotch tape one more year with improved safety play. 

I got a different idea here:

Sign Amos. He’s a combo safety with good ball skills. Maybe he helps Davis. Maybe not. But let Edmunds/Davis fight for the other safety role. Loser is the dimebacker. 

1 good thing in trading AB is that it frees a ton of cap space in 2020 and 2021...could very easily front load some contracts to get some defensive(maybe even a WR or TE) help.

Again no reason to not get 2 starters in FA.

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

At least one starter and three heavy rotation pieces. A pass rusher, ILB, $back, and CB. I’d rather try for the corner in the draft. I’d like a rotational 5 tech that can get after the QB a little too. Our defense needs talent and depth all over. 

Starting to think they won’t address edge this year with 3 big holes at CB-ILB-WR...might even throw in #2 TE in there.

12 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Starting to think they won’t address edge this year with 3 big holes at CB-ILB-WR...might even throw in #2 TE in there.

This is the thing that has really bothered me the past two years.  There have been such CLEAR wholes on the team (ILB, center field safety, playmakers) and the front office hasn't even attempted to address those wholes sufficiently (e.g. Bostic, Edmunds).  It was just so obvious that didn't address the need.  When Derwin James fell, I don't understand how you don't try like hell to trade up there.  I can't say whether they did or didn't but there just hasn't been the urgency needed from the front office (that urgency is necessary given Ben's age). 

At this point, I care a bit less because I don't see this as a superbowl contending roster after losing AB.  Maybe we make the playoffs, but I suspect we'll be in NFL purgatory till Ben retires. 

18 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

1 good thing in trading AB is that it frees a ton of cap space in 2020 and 2021...could very easily front load some contracts to get some defensive(maybe even a WR or TE) help.

Again no reason to not get 2 starters in FA.

Potential of $95mil in space with Ben, Hargrave, and Haden as the only major FA's

1 minute ago, Steelers22 said:

I'd love for this to happen but Steelers have been so consistent with avoiding big free agents so I don't expect much (but one can hope)

Good news is that after this season and offseason so far, sans a super bowl win, we are probably either looking at new staff or staff on their last legs looking to make a splash.