2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

There are 5 teams that I'm looking at as potential trade partners:  

1. NYG. I know it seems unlikely, but the narrative that "the NY teams won't trade with one another" is bogus. The Jets and Giants came close to an agreement in 2016, and Maccagnan made it clear at the combine he'd be open to a trade with them. If they love Haskins, that could come to fruition. 
  2. WAS. If they love Haskins and fear OAK/NYG will take him, they may be compelled to make a move if they miss out on Rosen (assuming Murray goes 1). 
  3. OAK. See WAS. It could be because of Haskins, or maybe OAK just swaps picks to assure they land Quinnen Williams if he's available. 
  4. GB. They've become extremely aggressive under new leadership and have plenty of draft capital. If QW is available, they may bite. 
  5. ATL. Desperate times, desperate measures. They need a playmaker on defense, and they've gotten aggressive for a former Alabama star in the past... 

51 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

There are 5 teams that I'm looking at as potential trade partners:  

1. NYG. I know it seems unlikely, but the narrative that "the NY teams won't trade with one another" is bogus. The Jets and Giants came close to an agreement in 2016, and Maccagnan made it clear at the combine he'd be open to a trade with them. If they love Haskins, that could come to fruition. 
  2. WAS. If they love Haskins and fear OAK/NYG will take him, they may be compelled to make a move if they miss out on Rosen (assuming Murray goes 1). 
  3. OAK. See WAS. It could be because of Haskins, or maybe OAK just swaps picks to assure they land Quinnen Williams if he's available. 
  4. GB. They've become extremely aggressive under new leadership and have plenty of draft capital. If QW is available, they may bite. 
  5. ATL. Desperate times, desperate measures. They need a playmaker on defense, and they've gotten aggressive for a former Alabama star in the past... 

You’re missing Cincy 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Was looking more in-depth at Nick Perry.  He had 18 sacks over 26 games between 16 and 17.  Was obviously hurt last year and ineffective.  He'd be worth a one year flier.  He's obviously capable of double-digit sacks if he stays healthy.

Agreed. If the Jets don’t land one of Ansah/Perry it will be an utter failure. Enough to taint the entire offseason despite the impressive start.

4 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Agreed. If the Jets don’t land one of Ansah/Perry it will be an utter failure. Enough to taint the entire offseason despite the impressive start.

Macc has to be working on a trade or something. Unless he’s waiting to see if more guys are cut. Remember after the draft teams make more moves based on their draft picks to open up reps in camp. 

4 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

You’re missing Cincy 

I honestly think they're the landing spot for Rosen. He fits what Taylor wants to do and they'd have the luxury of a straight up QB competition this offseason. If Rosen were to win, there's nothing stopping them from cutting or trading Dalton; zero cap ramifications. In fact, it could open the door for Dalton to join a team like WAS if they come out of the draft without a QB, or another team if they were to experience injury. 

Yeah, nah. I don’t see Jets & Giants making any moves together because if 1 of those teams get the better of that deal in the long run, they will forever get crapped on by NY media.

I’llbelieve it when I see it. Same with a Yankees/Mets trade and Knicks/Nets trade.

They can “come close” all they want, I don’t see it happening. There’s a reason we traded to 3 and not 2 last year. 

Edited by DowNY

I just read on rotoworld that Mac is looking to move down and is willing to take this year and next year first with a second round this year for 3rd pick. If that is what he wants a team will move to 3rd spot. I also read that Lee is on the block and they want to move him before May 3 when they have to decided on his 5 year option. I have a feeling we will only get a 5th round for him or a swap pick thing. We might see us move a 3rd and Lee to get in the second round.