2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

12 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

How do you know we didnt? He was rumored to want to play for a contender.

I see no reason why the Jets can’t be contenders. Judging a team based off the previous season unless there’s obvious tank moves being done, is just silly. If you as a Jet fan feel like we won’t contend, then adding someone like Houston for more than a year towards our cap is pointless. We’ve been targeting dudes under 30 all off-season.

Either way, could be a bunch of factors. Maybe we did offer more, maybe we didn’t & feel like money is worth saving instead (2020 free agent class is beautiful + pass rush class is good this year). Mac seems to be giving out cap friendly deals (ie the offer we apparently gave Paradis to protect from his injuries). Not too stressed over missing out on houston. Dude got a 2 year deal, which might be more of a 1 year deal. 

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

I don't understand this.... KC is in talks to trade him?  Tyreek Hill can't just talk to other teams about a trade.  

Lol bro....it means the Chiefs has been shopping him in trade discussions (since the combine to be specific).

2 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Lol bro....it means the Chiefs has been shopping him in trade discussions (since the combine to be specific).

you mean since they found out he breaks the law regularly lol.  Well we know one thing.  We won't be on on him, not with Macc around.

• Like 1

I think we only have about 15M left to spend realistically with saving money for the draft, in season moves and just not pinning ourselves to the cap ceiling.

Maybe we offered 15M similar to what we offered Barr and he didn't take it.  He wanted to win and despite what we did at this point we are not considered a contender just yet.

Tough break losing out on Houston. At this point, I would try and get Brandon Copeland and call it a day at edge. Same with C; get Wiesniewski and be done with it. Both shouldn't cost much. But there are no players left worth investing big dollars on. 

While I like Q Williams, since we were not able to properly address edge in FA, one of Allen/Bosa/Burns has to be the pick at #3. At this point though, I prefer a trade down if possible. 

We already have jordan Jenkins who can be a solid side kick.

We should draft that batman 3rd overall who can be that 10+ sack guy. 

How often fo you get the 3rd pick snd a chance at a franchise edge rusher? We got our franchise qb last draft, take the edge rusner this draft.

We would be built for success.

Edited by NYJets4716
  • Like 1

Just now, NYJets4716 said:

We already have jordan Jenkins who can be a solid side kick.

We should draft that batman 3rd overall who can be that 10+ sack guy. 

Jenkins is less of a Robin to someones Barman, than he is more of an Alfred.  The guy that should stay on the sidelines when all the action is going on.

• Like 1

Just now, rampantjet said:

Jenkins is less of a Robin to someones Barman, than he is more of an Alfred.  The guy that should stay on the sidelines when all the action is going on.

Well hes gonna start next season like it or not,cant upgrade every position and ge had 7 savks last season.

Jets are heading in the right direction, id take that elite edge rusher rather than trading back.

A khslil mack was worth multiple 1sts

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

Well hes gonna start next season like it or not,cant upgrade every position and ge had 7 savks last season.

Jets are heading in the right direction, id take that elite edge rusher rather than trading back.

A khslil mack was worth multiple 1sts

I'll take the trade back, we have tons of holes to fill.  Also just because you take a guy at 3 doesn't mean he will be an elite player.  Fowler, Dion Jordan, Solomon Thomas all picked at #3 and there is very little production between them.

• Like 1