2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 minute ago, DowNY said:

They may have less needs but a big draft haul is a big draft haul regardless. Especially if they get some picks in 2020, a loaded draft class.

I also think we are more likely to demand less.  If SF is there with Bosa staring them in the face I think it takes a massive haul.  Meanwhile I think we take slightly less.

I think Mac saying we’d trade back was a decent chess move. Much like last year when it was said that some Jet FO members knew they had a hard on for Barkley, maybe they know Giants have a hard on for Haskins. Would force Giants to go to 2 & not deal with us at 3 because they’d feel like every other team would be calling us to move to 3 if the Giants fail to jump us.

If the Giants fail to jump to 2, I see a team like the Redskins calling for 3 & offering a lot before Haskins is there at 4 for Chucky or 6 for the Giants.

1 minute ago, DowNY said:

I think Mac saying we’d trade back was a decent chess move. Much like last year when it was said that some Jet FO members knew they had a hard on for Barkley, maybe they know Giants have a hard on for Haskins. Would force Giants to go to 2 & not deal with us at 3 because they’d feel like every other team would be calling us to move to 3 if the Giants fail to jump us.

If the Giants fail to jump to 2, I see a team like the Redskins calling for 3 & offering a lot before Haskins is there at 4 for Chucky or 6 for the Giants.

True if a team like Oak or NYG want Haskins and we make it known we're moving back for a team like Washington to come up then we can force them to move to 2 and have our choice of Bosa, Allen or Q

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

True if a team like Oak or NYG want Haskins and we make it known we're moving back for a team like Washington to come up then we can force them to move to 2 and have our choice of Bosa, Allen or Q

Either another player drops to us or we get a nice trade back... seems like a win either way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

if the skins wanna move up from 15 its gonna be big

multiple 1sts, 2nds and mid rounders, present and future

If you go by the bit out of date trade chart, it would take this year's 1st and 2nd and next year's 1st. 

But moving up for a QB is more of a premium price, so 2019 1st,2nd,both 3rds, and next years 1st. 

However, once you say that out loud, it seems ridiculous for a sup par QB class and I doubt Washington wants to relive their RG3 experiment. 

The key to a big trade down is next years 1st. It’s shaping up to be one of the strongest tackle classes we’ve ever seen. If you told me that we can get a guy like Brian Burns, extra picks, and then a guy like a Trey Smith, Walker Little, etc. with the future 1st next year, I take that over Bosa, Allen, etc. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

The key to a big trade down is next years 1st. It’s shaping up to be one of the strongest tackle classes we’ve ever seen. If you told me that we can get a guy like Brian Burns, extra picks, and then a guy like a Trey Smith, Walker Little, etc. with the future 1st next year, I take that over Bosa, Allen, etc. 

The thing is with what we did in FA and let’s say add Allen or Bosa... we shouldn’t be drafting high next year. Probably somewhere around 15ish.

The 49ers are not trading out. They are getting there pass rusher. We have the key to Haskins and the Giants first said no we don;t like him now they say they like him. Once again you never know with the smoke screens out there. I would trade down and gather picks. Just remember Sam's window for being cheap is only 3 years then we have to pay up. We need to keep making solid moves. 

7 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The 49ers are not trading out. They are getting there pass rusher. We have the key to Haskins and the Giants first said no we don;t like him now they say they like him. Once again you never know with the smoke screens out there. I would trade down and gather picks. Just remember Sam's window for being cheap is only 3 years then we have to pay up. We need to keep making solid moves. 

Their pass rusher is Dee Ford. Bosa or Allen would be a cherry on top but I doubt they just turn down any offer. If they didn’t trade for Ford, sure....but they did.

Also why there’s already people mocking Quinnen to them now, if they stay there.

Edited by DowNY