2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

17 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

What the hell are we gonna spend the rest of our cap on? We still have $37M as it sits right now.

Only about 15M to spend though.  We need 10M for draft and about 10M for in season moves with a little left for flexibility moving forward.

There are a handful of teams that are tight against the cap. Those teams are either going to have to restructure contracts, trade or release players. Minny, Tampa, Atl and Pittsburgh are teams to watch.

Here are the players I think could be shopped at some point:

Minny: Trae Waynes and Everson Griffen

Atlanta: Beasley

Tampa: JPP 

Pit: Dupree

Dupree and Beasley would be good in backup roles. Depth at edge is a good thing because we can keep players fresh similar to how Philly does.

JPP and Waynes are ok number 2 starters. 

I wouldn’t want Griffen because he’ll likely cost more than what he’s worth. 

I know people are not high on Beasley. But I would trade our 6th or Lee for him (with maybe a 7th coming back our way to even tha trade). We can have an edge rotation of Josh Allen, Jordan Jenkins, Vic Beasley, and Brandon Copeland (if signed). That’s pretty solid where we can keep guys fresh. 

Edited by SDotNova

22 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

There are a handful of teams that are tight against the cap. Those teams are either going to have to restructure contracts, trade or release players. Minny, Tampa, Atl and Pittsburgh are teams to watch.

Dupree and Beasley would be good in backup roles. Depth at edge is a good thing because we can keep players fresh similar to how Philly does.

I know people are not high on Beasley. But I would trade our 6th or Lee for him (with maybe a 7th coming back our way to even tha trade). We can have an edge rotation of Josh Allen, Jordan Jenkins, Vic Beasley, and Brandon Copeland (if signed). That’s pretty solid where we can keep guys fresh. 

I’d love the grab Beasley. Think with change of scenery he can be good

28 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I'm not high on Beasley.  Go ask any Falcon fan and they'll tell you that he's terrible.  He has zero pass rusher moves.

33 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not saying he will be great. But can’t be worse than what we have currently.

Jordan Jenkins is a much better football player than Victor Beasly and he’s just an average starter. If we traded Lee for him I’d want like a 4 at least with him in return. 

48 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'm not high on Beasley.  Go ask any Falcon fan and they'll tell you that he's terrible.  He has zero pass rusher moves.

Jets fans think Lee is terrible. When a player doesn’t live up to his draft stock, fans think they are worse than they are. I’m not suggesting we get him to be a starter. But in a rotation, he can keep other pass rushers fresh. While Lee is better, he is a rotational player for us. I’d rather have players rotating at edge than at ILB. 

14 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Jordan Jenkins is a much better football player than Victor Beasly and he’s just an average starter. If we traded Lee for him I’d want like a 4 at least with him in return. 

Lee by himself is not worth a 4th. 

Jordan Jenkins is a better player but depth at edge is not a bad thing. 

21 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Jets fans think Lee is terrible. When a player doesn’t live up to his draft stock, fans think they are worse than they are. I’m not suggesting we get him to be a starter. But in a rotation, he can keep other pass rushers fresh. While Lee is better, he is a rotational player for us. I’d rather have players rotating at edge than at ILB. 

No dude, they have no pass rush beyond Takk and they think he’s awful. Go ask them. He has no pass rush moves. The year he had double-digit sacks, apparently a ton were coverage sacks. He’s weak AF. He’s just athletic.