2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

12 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Williams took him out after the back to back flags. He needs to suck it up

He does. He was dealt a bad hand he’s a great player on a bad franchise that will likely be mediocre at best next year. If he can’t handle that then maybe we look to flip him. Douglas is not married to anyone on this team and we might end up looking like a whole new team in 2020. 

13 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

He does. He was dealt a bad hand he’s a great player on a bad franchise that will likely be mediocre at best next year. If he can’t handle that then maybe we look to flip him. Douglas is not married to anyone on this team and we might end up looking like a whole new team in 2020. 

That would sting.  Adams is a great player and a heavy recruiter for us.  Even if we got offered a 1st and a 3rd for him I'd be hard pressed to take that.  Yes people will say he's just a safety but he might be the best safety and does everything at a high level even cover.

You don't trade players like that and I bet Douglas recognizes that.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if he really did want out. I wouldn’t blame him. I wouldn’t blame any player for wanting off the NYJ

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.. I am sure he will response to being held accountable, for first time ever in NFL, well.

Yeah Adams honestly has to have thicker skin. Love the guy and player but nobody is above being taken out for mental errors. Don’t cry about, don’t be sorry, be better. 

Dont love anything I have seen from Gases offense whatsoever but I give him credit for at least hold players accountable so far. Something Bowles NEVER did. One day we’ll gave coaches that not only hold players accountable but can call a good game too! One day!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah Adams honestly has to have thicker skin. Love the guy and player but nobody is above being taken out for mental errors. Don’t cry about, don’t be sorry, be better. 

Dont love anything I have seen from Gases offense whatsoever but I give him credit for at least hold players accountable so far. Something Bowles NEVER did. One day we’ll gave coaches that not only hold players accountable but can call a good game too! One day!

I must say the benching of Tru and (I'm not going to call it benching) of Adams when he was clearly being reckless at the end of the game is refreshing.  

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I must say the benching of Tru and (I'm not going to call it benching) of Adams when he was clearly being reckless at the end of the game is refreshing.  

Its actually a power move from the staff (not sure if was Williams or Gase who made the decision). But it is the right move for a team like us that will lose a lot this year.

Its shows that the staff regardless of name, salary or draft spot will bench a player if they aren't performing.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Its actually a power move from the staff (not sure if was Williams or Gase who made the decision). But it is the right move for a team like us that will lose a lot this year.

Its shows that the staff regardless of name, salary or draft spot will bench a player if they aren't performing.

Gase took ownership today about Adams.  Said it wasn't a benching it was to calm Adams down because he was a little out of control and wanted to protect him.

Johnson on the other hand was a benching because he is awful.  Gase said that was done by Williams/DB coach.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Gase took ownership today about Adams.  Said it wasn't a benching it was to calm Adams down because he was a little out of control and wanted to protect him.

Johnson on the other hand was a benching because he is awful.  Gase said that was done by Williams/DB coach.

Both were the right call. Accountability is important and doing it to your highest paid player who underperformed for whatever reasons and your best player and team captain will keep guys in line. 

We have not executed well offensively but those guys need confidence right now.