2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’d love a pick swap with Oakland if SF goes QWill. 

It guarantees us an EDGE and another premium pick for a chance to grab an OL.

Sounds good to me, but I am not sure at all that the Raiders are that down on Carr. No matter what happens we must get either Bosa, Allen, or Oliver. This might be our last chance to get the passer rusher that we have been waiting for many years.

55 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'd take 1, 2, both 3's, and next year's 1st.

Of course lol, I was trying to be a little more realistic. I will acknowledge that last years trade was the most brilliant thing Mac has done as a GM from a timing and cost standpoint, but his previous draft trade downs were downright awful. Maybe he’s growing? Trying to stay optimistic. If he pulled off your scenario...he will have bought himself way more time even if we go 9-7 or 8-8 and miss playoffs. That would set us up with a very large nucleus of young players, a premium pick next season with another FA period with plenty of budget. God I’m being way too optimistic 😔

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’d love a pick swap with Oakland if SF goes QWill. 

It guarantees us an EDGE and another premium pick for a chance to grab an OL.

Kinda like this idea as well, Allen is a better scheme fit for us and is less of an injury concern. What would OAK give us though? 2nd or 4th?

I have been saying it for weeks. Raiders give the Jets pick 4 and 24 for pick 3. Murray falls to 3 and the Raiders want him BAD! I just don't see the Cards taking him. I know everyone says they are just like last year the Browns where taking Darnold. Cards take the sure thing in Bosa then the 49ers take the next sure thing in QWill. This will happen just have that feeling. The Jets might even get more than 4 and 24 if more teams come calling. Might get a next year 2nd or something else. I think the jets are in the best spot they can be in. This is a win win situation. No matter how the first two pick go they will be sitting pretty.

THE PRICE ONLY GOES UP AS DRAFT DAY GETS CLOSER FOR PICK 3!!!!!

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I have been saying it for weeks. Raiders give the Jets pick 4 and 24 for pick 3. Murray falls to 3 and the Raiders want him BAD! I just don't see the Cards taking him. I know everyone says they are just like last year the Browns where taking Darnold. Cards take the sure thing in Bosa then the 49ers take the next sure thing in QWill. This will happen just have that feeling. The Jets might even get more than 4 and 24 if more teams come calling. Might get a next year 2nd or something else. I think the jets are in the best spot they can be in. This is a win win situation. No matter how the first two pick go they will be sitting pretty.

THE PRICE ONLY GOES UP AS DRAFT DAY GETS CLOSER FOR PICK 3!!!!!

That would be outstanding. I just think Cards are definitely taking Murray and they trade Rosen on draft night, but I pray I am the one that’s dead wrong and that you’re right! 

13 minutes ago, xenajets said:

More rumblings on the socials about the Jets and Frank Clark. Would be a great move if we can get him for next years 2nd. 

Everyone is figuring the Jets won't be able to trade down unless a team covets a QB. Not true. I think we will see a team like OAK, TB, GB, ATL consider moving up to 3. If we do trade down (let's say to TB for 5, 70, 80, and 2020 pick) I can then see the Jets and SEA working out a deal that looks like this:

• Jets send 1(5) and 3(93) to Seattle for 1(21), DE Frank Clark, and 2020 2nd round pick 

Why SEA would agree?

1. They're receiving 1st round value for Clark 
  2. They recover an additional 3rd round pick in a draft where they only have 4 picks 
  3. They move up and can take a premier player at 5 under cheap team control for 5 years

Why NYJ would agree?

1. They add a premier pass rusher in Frank Clark
  2. They still keep a round 1 pick and add a 2020 2nd rounder 
  3. Allows them more flexibility to build the OL in rounds 1 and 3

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Macc has always had to be the guy trying to trade up for a QB. We will see how much smoke he can brew up to get teams to think another team is trading up to 3 for a guy another team wants. A 180 from what he's had to do as a GM.

I would love to have some team want to move up to the three spot. But the more I work the numbers I just can't see it happing. 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

More rumblings on the socials about the Jets and Frank Clark. Would be a great move if we can get him for next years 2nd. 

This all can’t be just smoke. There has to be something there. I’m guessing Macc has something lined up with either Denver, Cincy or the Redskins where we trade back if X QB is there. Then we use the extra capital to trade for Frank Clark.

This is my preferred scenario. So hopefully it happens.

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Are any of these rumblings not just Cimini floating an idea with no sources or proof?  The only article i saw was him just saying it could be a good idea.  

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Everyone is figuring the Jets won't be able to trade down unless a team covets a QB. Not true. I think we will see a team like OAK, TB, GB, ATL consider moving up to 3. If we do trade down (let's say to TB for 5, 70, 80, and 2020 pick) I can then see the Jets and SEA working out a deal that looks like this:

• Jets send 1(5) and 3(93) to Seattle for 1(21), DE Frank Clark, and 2020 2nd round pick 

Why SEA would agree?

2. They recover an additional 3rd round pick in a draft where they only have 4 picks 
  3. They move up and can take a premier player at 5 under cheap team control for 5 years

Why NYJ would agree?

I'm torn on if I'd like that. I think thats valuing Clark more than I think he is. After all he needs a big contract along with trading for him (which should lower his value a tad).

@jetskid007 

That’s an interesting scenario.

Your scenario is probably my limit of how far I would be ok trading down and how much I would want us to give up for Clark. I’m probably ok with your scenario. But I wouldn’t be pumping my fist. I would probably have a pit in my stomach watching guys come off the board until the 21st prick. I would be hoping for a LT or C. If not, one of the CBs.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Why SEA would agree?

Why NYJ would agree?

Yeah it’s really difficult because on one hand I’d kill for either Bosa or Allen but then I really like the potential of having a proven young pass rusher in Clark PLUS extra picks to help out on the o-line and maybe a cornerback. 

Gun to my head though there’s no way I’m trading down past say the Broncos unless we get the ******* motherload of deals which would helps us add young cheap players with premium picks. 

Just of the tip of my head but the deals i feel comfortable with that make sense are:

Jets #3- Oak #4 and either #27/#34. Would take even their 3rd rounder if we knew they were going QB and we had no better offers. 

Jets #3- Giants #6, #17.

Jets #3, #93- Jags #7, #38 and either 2020 1st/Jalen Ramsey. 

Jets #3- Denver #10, #41, either 2020 1st rounder/Von Miller

Jets #3- Cinci #11, #42,  2020 1st rounder

Jets #3- Wash #15, #46, #76, 2020 1st and 3rd rounders. 

Anything short of those deals and I’m staying put and getting either Allen or Bosa. Now being bluntly honest....if both of those guys go before we pick then I’d take considerably less and be much more open to offers. 

If Bosa or Allen are there though then the deal must knock our socks off. Just like Indy must of felt getting an additional 3 2nd rounders to move down 3 spots and one of those 3 would be a QB and they knew they don’t need one. We are finally in that position too!! 👏🏼

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

This all can’t be just smoke. There has to be something there. I’m guessing Macc has something lined up with either Denver, Cincy or the Redskins where we trade back if X QB is there. Then we use the extra capital to trade for Frank Clark.

This is my preferred scenario. So hopefully it happens.

Yeah there’s been a few different people mention it in good detail which could mean some sources have been briefed that a trade could be about to go down.

Or unfortunately it could just be that to generate clicks/traffic these outlets post these things just to rope us in.