The Gun Thread

fotballer

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I’ve shot probably 2 dozen shotguns in my lifetime. None of them hurt the shoulder like the BP 12 Ranger I had. Hated that gun.

So I traded it in for a Walther PK380.

I also seem to be the only one on this site who is ready for the zombie apocalypse. Or at least the only one talking about it.

Next gun is going to be a 10mm. Haven’t decided yet, but there are a couple Smith and Wesson 10mm I’m looking at. 

On 10/18/2023 at 6:05 PM, MacReady said:

Today I got myself a Desert Eagle 50 AE pistol. Also a Fat 41 Italian Carcano.

Two days ago I got an Altor single shot 9mm.

I need to slow down.

What's the .50 pistol for, other than like...uhhh...

9 hours ago, MacReady said:

I’ve shot probably 2 dozen shotguns in my lifetime. None of them hurt the shoulder like the BP 12 Ranger I had. Hated that gun.

So I traded it in for a Walther PK380.

I also seem to be the only one on this site who is ready for the zombie apocalypse. Or at least the only one talking about it.

Next gun is going to be a 10mm. Haven’t decided yet, but there are a couple Smith and Wesson 10mm I’m looking at. 

If you were really prepared for the Zombies, would you not want to somewhat standardize your ammunition?  How much .50 you gonna find laying around for the taking?  10mm?  What even is that?  Just gonna lug around a backpack of like twenty different cartridges?

I guess maybe in theory there's some merit to oddball calibers if you think you can find them (.338 seems ideal to zombie hunting?).  But really...it just seems smarter to stick to basics.  .223/.308 9mm .45 .38  or a different set it if you think you've got good access to mountains of Soviet cartridges maybe.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

What's the .50 pistol for, other than like...uhhh...

If you were really prepared for the Zombies, would you not want to somewhat standardize your ammunition?  How much .50 you gonna find laying around for the taking?  10mm?  What even is that?  Just gonna lug around a backpack of like twenty different cartridges?

I guess maybe in theory there's some merit to oddball calibers if you think you can find them (.338 seems ideal to zombie hunting?).  But really...it just seems smarter to stick to basics.  .223/.308 9mm .45 .38  or a different set it if you think you've got good access to mountains of Soviet cartridges maybe.

I want to have an understanding of and familiarity with as many different calibers and types of guns as possible. This is why I’m attracted to the oddballs.

I now have a 50 AE Desert Eagle and a 50 BMG. That’s in case the zombies have tanks.

I primarily roll with 40 caliber. I have 5,000 rounds of 40 cal I’ve amassed over the years. A Sig, a Springfield Subcompact XD40 (that’s my concealed carry), a Kel-Tec Sub 2000. Those three are all 40 cal, and the 40 is my favorite round as far as recoil and capacity. The 9mm just seems to not kick quite as much as I like. My first gun was a 45 caliber and then I went down to 40 and preferred it, so everything else seems light.

I’ve also started a cool single action revolver collection. I have a 44 and a 22 single action revolver.

My favorite gun might be my Taurus though. It’s a Taurus 66. 7 shot 357 single/double action revolver. 

• 3 weeks later...

ZPAP M70, Beretta 92, Walther PPS, s/w shield. I carry the PPS. The Zastava is my baby.

and then some fun junk. Walther Creed, Rock Island Meriva, Savage .22.

No AR. I currently live in the middle of the zombie apocalypse (Portland). If SHF I'm screwed anyway. 😁

If we were talking knives I could probably impress. Firearms not so much. I have a Sebenza, a smooth criminal, a  6 or 7 benchmade, 10+ Spyderco, 10+ Ontario, some Boker, santa fe stoneworks, some CRKT, BPS, a couple of Cold Steel and god knows what else

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...