The Gun Thread

fotballer

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2017 at 10:15 AM, fotballer said:

Let's start general thread about guns.

I own AR-15, Remington 870 and Remington Versa Max. My favourite gun is Remington 870 because I simply love pump action shotguns.

What guns do you own? Which is your favourite one?

Currently own a Benelli Nova with the Max4 camo, and a Sig Sauer P320 Compact 9mm.

I won the Nova in a raffle, and barely use it - took it to shoot some clay pigeons when I first got it, but haven't really used it since. Really good shotgun, but more of a hunter's shotgun (I've only hunted hogs before, and shotguns aren't the best for feral hogs).

My Sig is my baby. Go once a month to the range to pop off some rounds. Once you get it down, you can hit anything you set your sights on. Really low maintenance gun as well.

I'm big into the 870, looking to eventually get a tactical one. Really nice shotgun you have. Would like to get an AR One day, too. Even though it's pretty impractical, I'd also love to add a Desert Eagle .50 to my collection (but I can't justify to the wife dropping $2,000 on a gun). 

Speaking of my better half, we're looking into a gun for her. She wants a 9mm, but she has very little experience shooting. I want to get her a .380, like the H&K model pistols. We've always talked about getting her to th range to fire off a few rounds from a few guns, see what feels the most natural for her. 

42 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Anyone have a Jericho 941?  Got it on layaway at Buds, its going to be my first firearm.  

I've never shot one, but from what I'm reading - it's a really good gun, probably as reliable and durable as a Glock. What calibur did you get it in?

52 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Currently own a Benelli Nova with the Max4 camo, and a Sig Sauer P320 Compact 9mm.

I won the Nova in a raffle, and barely use it - took it to shoot some clay pigeons when I first got it, but haven't really used it since. Really good shotgun, but more of a hunter's shotgun (I've only hunted hogs before, and shotguns aren't the best for feral hogs).

My Sig is my baby. Go once a month to the range to pop off some rounds. Once you get it down, you can hit anything you set your sights on. Really low maintenance gun as well.

I'm big into the 870, looking to eventually get a tactical one. Really nice shotgun you have. Would like to get an AR One day, too. Even though it's pretty impractical, I'd also love to add a Desert Eagle .50 to my collection (but I can't justify to the wife dropping $2,000 on a gun). 

Speaking of my better half, we're looking into a gun for her. She wants a 9mm, but she has very little experience shooting. I want to get her a .380, like the H&K model pistols. We've always talked about getting her to th range to fire off a few rounds from a few guns, see what feels the most natural for her. 

Biggest mistake I made with getting my wife a gun was going for a smaller .380 thinking she would not be ready for a bigger 9mm. Small .380's have a stiff recoil spring and a real violent recoil and with garbage sight radious which all made shooting for my wife miserable. 

Switched to a s&w shield 9 and she enjoys it much more 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I've never shot one, but from what I'm reading - it's a really good gun, probably as reliable and durable as a Glock. What calibur did you get it in?

I went with 9mm because its going to be a range gun more than anything else, so I wanted to keep it relatively cheap to shoot, though it may graduate to a mostly home defense firearm and I might get the Ruger Mk IV 22/45 .22lr for ranges down the line. 

Own a Ruger SR9c, my first gun so wanted to get something with a lot of safety features and reliable.

I really like it, but I'm looking for something more compact that i can CC with.

I kept putting off getting an AR-15, now the sale of "Assault Weapons" are banned in my state. Hopefully it gets overturned soon.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2017 at 4:29 PM, Gmen said:

IMG_9031.JPG

Henry golden boy .22 lr.  Classically beautiful.  Fun to shoot lever action.  

I really want that gun....i would like a higher caliber level action but thats not really practical. 

I have a ruger 10/22 and a hr slug gun. Both very nice practical guns. 

15 hours ago, eagles101 said:

I really want that gun....i would like a higher caliber level action but thats not really practical. 

I have a ruger 10/22 and a hr slug gun. Both very nice practical guns. 

The golden boy comes with some fancy special edition themed engravings as well.  Those look even better but they're like $1000.  It's a fun plinking gun.  Only thing is it's a bit on the heavier side.  

15 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

I kept putting off getting an AR-15, now the sale of "Assault Weapons" are banned in my state. Hopefully it gets overturned soon.

What qualifies as an "assault" weapon in your state? Magazine capacity coupled with it being a semi-auto?

Edited by cddolphin

4 hours ago, cddolphin said:

What qualifies as an "assault" weapon in your state? Magazine capacity coupled with it being a semi-auto?

Magazines are capped at 10 rounds unless you have a pre ban one that got grandfathered in. 

As far as what constitutes an assault weapon in Massachusetts, it's anything that looks intimidating pretty much. 

The AG that banned the sale of them talked about "mods" making rifles duplicate military firearms, as in scopes and grips, so basically the look of them.

Nothing to actually do with the firing action or capacity that wasn't already in effect before the ban on AR-15s.

• Like 1