PFF's final list of highest graded QB's in 2018.

TecmoSuperJoe

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

PFF Rankings on FF.com ...in a nutshell:

- If your guy is highly ranked: People use this as the gospel and quote that bit of information in every single discussion. (Honey, we need to buy more milk, and I think we're out of avocados... and did you know that DeAndre Hopkins 92.5 PFF score is tied with Julio Jones and Antonio Brown for highest score ever?)

- If your guy is middle ranked: Nod approvingly, use in discussions when you need that "knockout blow" in a debate. (Oh, so that dude is really trying to tell me Brown > Hopkins...well, lemme drop a PFFBomb on him!)

- If your guy is bottom ranked: PFF IS A JOKE, WHERE THE HELL DO THEY FIND THESE REDDIT QUALITY INTERNS, THEY NEED TO WATCH THE GAME!

Or

- If you are able to look at things and judge players equally without the glasses on, then PFF is still a joke regardless of bias.

13 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Or

- If you are able to look at things and judge players equally without the glasses on, then PFF is still a joke regardless of bias.

That describes about three people on this site. Maybe even two.

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Right. One game sample size though. Didn't he play well against the Lions in the other game he started? I've wondered what Daniel would be going into the season as a guy that a team actually believed in. He's never really gotten that chance usually being stuck behind a quality starer or now, a high draft choice. 

Well 5 different teams staff members, with a much better eye for talent than either of us, have decided he is not worth giving a chance in his 9 years. That fact alone should give you your answer.

7 hours ago, Buckweath said:

Lol here I am going on Twitter just curious to see what people have to say about Trubisky and I find multiple posts saying he is the worst QB in the playoffs.

I don't agree with that but I don't think you are actually objective in your assessment of Trubisky. He is really nothing special to me but still decent. Average to below average QB right now.

I don't agree with Supe's opinion of Mitch, but why of all places would ever consider that cess pool (Twitter) as a good source?

Short version. Mitch was below-average as a passer but because of his ability to escape pressure and make plays on the run, he was average this season.

Overall for the season, I would put him anywhere from 15-20. FYI, My average rankings are based on 1-11, 12-21, 22-30.

Edit for clarity: 1-11 (Above average), 12-21 (Average), 22-32 (below average)

I like PFF but hey confuse me sometimes lol.  Last year everyone though it was one of Ryans worst years in a bit and he finished #2 if im not mistaken.  This year he finished in the top 3 to 5 in pretty much every category behind a god awful line and he barely cracks the top 10.   I just can't understand their criteria and rankings usually but i do enjoy them in general.

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Well 5 different teams staff members, with a much better eye for talent than either of us, have decided he is not worth giving a chance in his 9 years. That fact alone should give you your answer.

Right...except some guys slip through the cracks anyway despite similar type of circumstances. 

Daniel has been with teams that already had entrenched starters. Brees, and Smith in New Orleans, and Kansas City. Wentz was the number 2 overall pick for Philadelphia. Trubisky same story in Chicago. 

It would be a miracle for anyone to get a crack at a starting gig with those conditions. Especially a free agent.

10 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Right...except some guys slip through the cracks anyway despite similar type of circumstances. 

Daniel has been with teams that already had entrenched starters. Brees, and Smith in New Orleans, and Kansas City. Wentz was the number 2 overall pick for Philadelphia. Trubisky same story in Chicago. 

It would be a miracle for anyone to get a crack at a starting gig with those conditions. Especially a free agent.

He has been in the league 10 years and has a total of 4 starts, that should be more than enough to tell you on his chances as a starter. And in those 4 starts he hasn’t shown enough to any to even think about him being a starter. He’s a back up journeyman, a decent one for the most part. 

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

He has been in the league 10 years and has a total of 4 starts, that should be more than enough to tell you on his chances as a starter. And in those 4 starts he hasn’t shown enough to any to even think about him being a starter. He’s a back up journeyman, a decent one for the most part. 

4 starts isn't enough for any quarterback bad performance or not. Well, except Nathan Peterman. 

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

4 starts isn't enough for any quarterback bad performance or not. Well, except Nathan Peterman. 

4 starts in 10 years, we aren’t talking about someone on a rookie contract. He’s a lifetime backup. 

19 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Right. One game sample size though. Didn't he play well against the Lions in the other game he started? I've wondered what Daniel would be going into the season as a guy that a team actually believed in. He's never really gotten that chance usually being stuck behind a quality starer or now, a high draft choice. 

And for his game being so good against the Lions it took a defensive TD to win the game. 

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

4 starts in 10 years, we aren’t talking about someone on a rookie contract. He’s a lifetime backup. 

Like I said, he was behind entrenched starters. 4 starts spread over 10 years is an even worse sample size compared to 4 starts in a season. You're dealing with different personnel, different coaches, and different systems. 

Perhaps he is just a career backup. Personally, I don't think that label is set in stone like you seem to believe. He's already 32 though, so it's unlikely he gets a legitimate opportunity now. 

Archived