AB trade value just go up or down?

muncher

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The quote from Rapaport really sounds like it's a Godfather situation.  Make us an offer we can't refuse and we're listening.

trying to think of teams that would do something like that. skins? gruden prolly wants to win now. Dolphins? not sure, they may be heading to a rebuild. niners? maybe they offer the 2nd round pick and the 1st from next yr, doubt the 2nd overall pick is on the table.

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

trying to think of teams that would do something like that. skins? gruden prolly wants to win now. Dolphins? not sure, they may be heading to a rebuild. niners? maybe they offer the 2nd round pick and the 1st from next yr, doubt the 2nd overall pick is on the table.

Skins, Niners, Raiders (to prep to move to Vegas), and the Jets.  I really think the Jets are the ones 'dumb' enough to do it.  The cap to trade for Brown then sign Bell?

Man, I would be transition tagging Bell, tell the Jets they can take them as a package deal.

#3, 2020 2nd, Trumaine Johnson?

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

How about we flip 1st rounders with SF and they give us their 2nd rd pick?

Then if you're SF, you just find a way to get your picks back and you do that by trading back, so you end up in a place where instead of picking 2nd in NFL Draft, you picked the 2nd best player in the NFL. And you still ended up with a full compliment of picks. 

Essentially, making AB a free agent acquisition.

And here's the thing on AB. $21m dead money to Pittsburgh means his cap number will be much easier to manage his cap going forward. And that $21m dead money hit isn't bad with a $180m cap for the Steelers

If you're SF or anyone. You can trade for AB. Add a year to his deal and restructure his 2019 $12m base and spread it out over four years. AB plays next year for a $3m cap hit.

Therefore, his value increases 

11 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Skins, Niners, Raiders (to prep to move to Vegas), and the Jets.  I really think the Jets are the ones 'dumb' enough to do it.  The cap to trade for Brown then sign Bell?

Man, I would be transition tagging Bell, tell the Jets they can take them as a package deal.

#3, 2020 2nd, Trumaine Johnson?

I think the only way we get that 3rd pick is if we offer our 1st

Steelers get:

3rd pick and jets 3rd round pick(or maybe the 2nd round pick from 2020)

Jets get:

Pick 20 and Brown

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think the only way we get that 3rd pick is if we offer our 1st

Steelers get:

3rd pick and jets 3rd round pick(or maybe the 2nd round pick from 2020)

Jets get:

Pick 20 and Brown

No no, I'm saying it would be:

#3, 2020 3rd, T. Johnson for Brown and Bell.

Most likely more like the 2020 1st as well.

I do wonder what Miami would be willing to part with.  Bell and Brown's social media action as of late seems to suggest that they want to go somewhere together, so I'm starting to think of what a Tag and trade of Bell would look like as well, and what the package for both could be like.  

I know Miami is a bit tight on cap, but if they cut Tannehill, Parker, Alonso, saves them ~$27mil, and with $18mil in cap space, that's $45mil in space.  Make a move to get a "seat warmer" QB, and they could make some noise in their division.

Tampa is a team DESPERATE to get people in the seats, and want to give Winston one last shot, and they too can clear some big cap space, so they may be a team underrated that could throw in a big offer.  Like with Howard, Godwin, Brate in building......would they take a shot at parting with Evans for Brown saying the tradeoff is worth it?

Even though the pray at the alter of Bellichick, what about Detroit?  They seem to say they are committed to Stafford, jonesing to take a crack at a tough division.  Add Brown to Johnson and Stafford and they got an offensive trio worthy of turning things around.

Last one, and this is the toughest one: I know they just gave up a lot for Cooper.....but what about Dallas?  They don't have the draft capitol, but they do have players they could offer up.  What if it was a combo of a young LB and 2 2's + a 4?

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

If the Raider owners weren't so damm cheap that would be a good place for both of them. 

Yea I’m pretty sure they traded Mack cause of financial reason to a certain extent.

7 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The ownership for the Raider's is cash strapped.  They are making player decisions based on cost.  They might take in in 2020 when they move.

That's the thing, the cash part has been payed out.  That's all base salary, which is backed by the salary cap and share money.

24 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The ownership for the Raider's is cash strapped.  They are making player decisions based on cost.  They might take in in 2020 when they move.

you are correct in that one of the reasons Mack was traded was because they didnt want to come up with the up front money. They had to have 90 mil in escrow and im told they couldnt make that happen hence the deal.

Now as far as brown is concerned we have paid his guaranteed money so the raiders are not on the hook for any of that. They are just covering his modest salaries over the next 3 years. It is that reason that even with Brown having attitude issues we can still bet a premium in trade for him because we take the cap hit not the team getting him. Raiders or Cards are my top 2 teams i want to deal with. Raiders for the picks and cards for peterson plus a pick

I don't understand why every report is acting like the savings from Bell's carry over will offset eating brown

The 2 don't play into each other, browns dead money does not cost anything to the money they have and will have with Bell's carry over and Ben's extension and so on

Trading brown doesn't take the money they have available and cut into it

Archived