Leisher's 2 for 1 2019 Packers Mock draft, 1-3-19.

jleisher

Hey, this is just for fun.  Tell me which draft you like best, if the boards fell like this.  Keep in mind, Packers sign a S, Edge and TE in free agency. 

Mock #1                                                                                                                                  Mock #2

#12.  Jonah Williams T  Alabama                                                                                       #12.  Devin White ILB  LSU

#32.  Jawaan Taylor T  Florida                                                                                            #32.  Trade down with Redskins for #46 & #76.  Redskins took Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio St.

#44.  Hakeem Butler WR  Iowa St.                                                                                      #44.  Dre'Mont Jones DL  Ohio St.

#75.  Juiian Love CB  Notre Dame                                                                                      #46.  Dalton Risner T  Kansas

#114.  Joe Jackson Edge  Miami                                                                                        #75.  Athony Nelson Edge  Iowa                  #76.  Chris Lindstrom G  Boston College

#118.  Austin Bryant Edge  Clemson                                                                                   #114.  Connor McGovern G  Penn St.

#151.  Andy Isabella SWR  UMass                                                                                       #118.  Austin Bryant Edge  Clemson

#187.  Nasir Adderley S  Delaware                                                                                       #151.  Andy Isabella SWR  UMass

#197.  Jared Pinkney TE  Vanderbilt                                                                                    #187.  Iman Marshall S/CB  USC

#228.  Alex Bars T/G  Notre Dame                                                                                       #197.  Amani Hooker S  Iowa

#228.  Zach Gentry TE  Michigan

8 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Hey, this is just for fun.  Tell me which draft you like best, if the boards fell like this.  Keep in mind, Packers sign a S, Edge and TE in free agency. 

Mock #1                                                                                                                                  Mock #2

#12.  Jonah Williams T  Alabama                                                                                       #12.  Devin White ILB  LSU

#32.  Jawaan Taylor T  Florida                                                                                            #32.  Trade down with Redskins for #46 & #76.  Redskins took Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio St.

#44.  Hakeem Butler WR  Iowa St.                                                                                      #44.  Dre'Mont Jones DL  Ohio St.

#75.  Juiian Love CB  Notre Dame                                                                                      #46.  Dalton Risner T  Kansas

#114.  Joe Jackson Edge  Miami                                                                                        #75.  Athony Nelson Edge  Iowa

#118.  Austin Bryant Edge  Clemson                                                                                   #114.  Connor McGovern G  Penn St.

#151.  Andy Isabella SWR  UMass                                                                                       #118.  Austin Bryant Edge  Clemson

#187.  Nasir Adderley S  Delaware                                                                                       #151.  Andy Isabella SWR  UMass

#197.  Jared Pinkney TE  Vanderbilt                                                                                    #187.  Iman Marshall S/CB  USC

#228.  Alex Bars T/G  Notre Dame                                                                                       #197.  Amani Hooker S  Iowa

#228.  Zach Gentry TE  Michigan

All depends on who gets signed in free agency; like the edge, safety and te idea.  2nd draft is better than 1st but for what the team needs, neither trips my trigger,

Draft one makes me want to cry. if we went T T with 1 and 1A i would have to quit for a bit. All for fun though. 2 looks ok at least addresses the D first and early but ILB at 12 might as well light some money up and use more money to light it up. Hate them both:)

21 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I'd prefer Mock #2 although it looks like you're missing the acquired pick #76.

Mock #1 has some dream picks late, but I don't understand double dipping on OT when we have such a need on defense.

You are correct, I corrected the error.  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Don't like either one tbh.

Why would we draft two Tackles even if one moved to OG? You already have Bak, Bulaga, Spriggs, Likely Madison, just need 1 Tackle to rotate/backup.

Even if some EDGE is signed, I'll have an @Outpost31 inspired freakout if no young EDGE talent is drafted before #75.

Can't count on Spriggs, Bulage and Madison.  Williams could slide to RG and Taylor groomed for RT.  Protecting Rodgers IMO is more important.  Thanks for your input.

2 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Can't count on Spriggs, Bulage and Madison.  Williams could slide to RG and Taylor groomed for RT.  Protecting Rodgers IMO is more important.  Thanks for your input.

A: For the most part it worked OK this year without Madison

B. I meant to state that you need to draft 1 tackle to backup/develop. No need for 2 that high.

18 minutes ago, snackattack said:

i will tatoo ditka's face on my back if Nasir Adderley is available at pick #87, let alone pick #187.

Again, that's the way the board fell.  Besides, there isn't any big boards out there that are 100% alike, some have a player we like high, then another has the in the middle and then there's the one that has them low.  We just don't know.  However, thanks for you input.

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

A: For the most part it worked OK this year without Madison

B. I meant to state that you need to draft 1 tackle to backup/develop. No need for 2.

That's fair, but again as I stated before you can't count on anyone of those three next year, as well as Bell, McGray and Taylor.  BAk and Linsley you count on them, the others, No!

7 hours ago, jleisher said:

IF we did this, I think Williams would stay at RT and Taylor moves to RG

Archived