2019 Draft Discussion

MOSteelers56

10 hours ago, Livewire said:

Do you any of you guys like safety Chauncey Gardner-Johnson? Someday I would love to see a free safety in Pittsburgh that can actually get interceptions. Looking back at the stats Mouth Mitchell had zero interceptions his last two years here and Sean Davis had one last season. That's just absolutely horrendous. The only thing that has stuck out with Davis is him knocking a sure interception away from Haden against the Chargers. I actually thought he would be good and while he was a little better at FS he still didn't make any plays. With him being an UFA after the upcoming season I would like to see his eventual replacement get drafted.  The Steelers could use some depth there this season.

I like him a lot. CGJ or Savage in the 2nd would make me very happy, especially if we are able to land Bush in the 1st round. Couldn't agree with your statements about Davis more. He's one of those guys that isn't going to lose you any games (besides the Charges) but he's not going to stand out or really make your defense significantly better. Snagging a versatile, playmaking free safety that dares QBs to throw it deep on us would be huge. 

im more confused about this years possible 1st round pick than any of the previous years.

i still only see (2) 1st rounders and (3) 2nd rounders that they had in for a visit.

and none of those guys did colbert and tomlin visit their prodays

23 minutes ago, muncher said:

im more confused about this years possible 1st round pick than any of the previous years.

i still only see (2) 1st rounders and (3) 2nd rounders that they had in for a visit.

Yeah, I'm with you. Bush or Wilson, any CB, A Safety, WR, TE, Pass Rusher. I don't even have a guess.

35 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, I'm with you. Bush or Wilson, any CB, A Safety, WR, TE, Pass Rusher. I don't even have a guess.

steelers usually like to have colbert and tomlin present at their prodays. they both attended lsu, wv, michigan and clemson

without trading up a lot for white, only greedy williams is lsu first rounder possibility

clemson has clelin ferrell and christian williams

michigan has bush but most sites have him going around 12, give or take. They has dinner with winovich bit that would be a HUGE reach)

vw has no one

3 hours ago, muncher said:

Agreed, to make the situation even more confusing is that realistically the steelers would only trade up to 14-17 range (I'm assuming they'd be willing to part with a third rounder, but not a second).  Devin Bushs' prime territory seems to be in that 10-12 range, which is out of the steelers range.  If he falls past that area, I'm doing all I can to trade up and grab Bush, who fills a major need and presents far and away the best fit for us imo.  

Hopefully draft day is less depressing than it was last year, which was one of the worst in recent memory

FWIW they’ve seemed to show the a decent amount of interest in the S’s projected to go somewhere from 20-50....Savage/Adderly/CGJ.

Howver Savage has definitely drawn the most.

They currently have no S depth and Davis going into final year of deal....plus with talk of not getting enough turnovers I’d thought they make it more of a priority.

2 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

FWIW they’ve seemed to show the a decent amount of interest in the S’s projected to go somewhere from 20-50....Savage/Adderly/CGJ.

Howver Savage has definitely drawn the most.

They currently have no S depth and Davis going into final year of deal....plus with talk of not getting enough turnovers I’d thought they make it more of a priority.

Have they shown interest in Adderley?  

4 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

Honestly I think maybe they are trying to be less transparent in who they are targeting given how they have been burned during Tomlin’s tenure.

i hope thats the case. it seems as tho we proclaim to everyone who we wanted in years past okly to have a team draft them or move up and draft them just before us.

4 hours ago, Steelers22 said:

Agreed, to make the situation even more confusing is that realistically the steelers would only trade up to 14-17 range (I'm assuming they'd be willing to part with a third rounder, but not a second).  Devin Bushs' prime territory seems to be in that 10-12 range, which is out of the steelers range.  If he falls past that area, I'm doing all I can to trade up and grab Bush, who fills a major need and presents far and away the best fit for us imo.  

Hopefully draft day is less depressing than it was last year, which was one of the worst in recent memory

agreed on the draft range but really hope they dont trade up at all. i actually hope they trade back a few spots and grab another  late 3rd early 4th

i know we already have 10 but i can see us needing 10 upgrades  or use a few later picks to move back into 4th or 5th rounds

i am not a huge bush fan. for some reason i think he is really being over hyped. 

i think there will be plenty of value at the positions we need the first 5 rounds............

6 picks in the first 5 rounds and lets use our additional 6's to get back into the 5th

You know the more I think about this draft class the more I hate it. Last year there was so much talent in the draft that no matter where we were somebody was going to fall to us and of course we were stupid and drafted 3rd round safety but that's another discussion for another day. In fact in the last few draft classes this is been the case. I do not feel that way about this current draft class. I really really don't. If Devin bush is not on the board and I actually think there's a chance the greedy Williams won't be on the board I don't really love anyone in the first round that I think might be available. The more I think about Byron Murphy there is a couple of concerns I have he plays a lot of off coverage. His teeth does not show him plane true man to man coverage. DeAndre Baker I'm just not a believer in his ability to succeed in the NFL. So do you take an offensive lineman? I think Noah fan is not the guy we should draft at tight end I mean maybe you go wide receiver in the first round I don't know it's really a tough pill because at 20 I think our options are going to be extremely Limited

Archived