2019 Draft Discussion

MOSteelers56

I’m really starting to think the Steelers trade up somewhere on day 2 or 3...plus factor in the really likely additional 3rd we get for Bell next year, and I’m thinking the odds are at least 50/50 they make a deal.

1 hour ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I’m really starting to think the Steelers trade up somewhere on day 2 or 3...plus factor in the really likely additional 3rd we get for Bell next year, and I’m thinking the odds are at least 50/50 they make a deal.

Curious. Will Steven Nelson and Donte Moncrief nullify the comp pick we would get from Bell.

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Curious. Will Steven Nelson and Donte Moncrief nullify the comp pick we would get from Bell.

Moncrief deal not big enough and Losing Jesse James to roughly same $ desl($25 mill) as signing Nelson to cancels each other out basically.

Reports are that Montez Sweat is being taken off some team’s draft boards due to his heart condition. If he falls to #20 do we sprint to the podium? I have a feeling this will be another year where a player we don’t expect to fall to us lands in our lap if 4 QBs go in the top 17 picks and Sweat could be that player.

I personally would take Bush over Sweat though.

My most realistic mock draft using the TDN simulator, players that I like, not who I think they'll draft

I think the TE group is the room that needs an injection of talent the most

And I also think Juan Thornhill is the best safety in this class

I don't see us taking 2 TE's, but I do think Foster Moreau has a good shot at being the one we take.  Don't know much about the LB David Long.  I do like AJ Brown, wouldn't have a problem drafting the "new AB" in Round 1. Don't think that'll happen though.  WOuldn't have a problem with Thornhill in the second tbh, I do think he is one of the better safeties in the draft.

Not a bad effort, I'll give this a solid B. @Cbrunn

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Reports are that Montez Sweat is being taken off some team’s draft boards due to his heart condition. If he falls to #20 do we sprint to the podium? I have a feeling this will be another year where a player we don’t expect to fall to us lands in our lap if 4 QBs go in the top 17 picks and Sweat could be that player.

I rather have Farrell over anyone else. His 2017 tape looks like a top 5 pick. Without the turf toe he was more explosive than Bosa, just as good of bend, longer and stronger. 

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

I rather have Farrell over anyone else. His 2017 tape looks like a top 5 pick. Without the turf toe he was more explosive than Bosa, just as good of bend, longer and stronger. 

Since the discussion with you and @BigSnack, I can't get the idea of taking Ferrell and then trading up to nab the best remaining CB out of my head. That "simple" move would really improve this Defense.

Early rumors about the Raiders pick is that it might be Devin White at number 4. If it is there is no way in hell Devin Bush makes it to 20. Alternatively it could be apparently Kyler Murray in which case I still believe there's no way that Devin Bush makes it to 20 but it becomes more of a possibility

I'm going to make a prediction. I'm going to predict the app pick 20 greedy Williams, Devin Bush, Byron Murphy, Montez sweat are all still available.

I'm predicting that Brian Burns clelin Ferrell DK Metcalf Devin White 2 offensive tackles and offensive guard in 4 quarterbacks among others have all gone off the board.

I picked 20 with all of those options on the board we select cornerback greedy Williams

On 4/21/2019 at 7:23 PM, bigben07MVP said:

dont we always sprint?

I wonder how much of the "Montez Sweat falling due to a heart condition" is just being released by a team like Carolina that wants him to slide? I feel like it's all smoke. He'll go top 10. Also, if we take Greedy instead of Sweat, I'm losing it. 

I'm softening to the idea of Greedy because he's probably the best man coverage dude in the draft, but he scares me in the same way Artie did. Sweat is going to be an absolute monster in the league. He's huge, strong, fast, agile, and a good football player. 

Archived