2019 Draft Discussion

MOSteelers56

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

The other Dave clarified and said that's Dave-Te's opinion and didn't have any insight.

Seems like a Steeler-esque pick only less of a reach. He seems like player the Pats would take @ 32. The only problem I have with it is how can they know already? The board hasn't played out. You don't know who is going to be there. 

Apparently Steelers want Bens extension done before draft...I’m guessing clearing a bit of cap space.

Why though? Unless they plan on trading a pick(picks) for a proven player...Chris Harris? Pat Peterson?

This Steelers forum might blow up if the Steelers are on the clock and all you hear is “There’s been a trade”...

18 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Apparently Steelers want Bens extension done before draft...I’m guessing clearing a bit of cap space.

Why though? Unless they plan on trading a pick(picks) for a proven player...Chris Harris? Pat Peterson?

This Steelers forum might blow up if the Steelers are on the clock and all you hear is “There’s been a trade”...

I dont think it will happen but i think the team was already planning on doing this extension so might as well have this cap space if need be in case one of these opportunities presents itself.

4 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I think Burns is the better standup OLB (at least right now) but Ferrell is the better all around Edge player. So the idea is to get Ferrell on the field in some fashion and just scheme around his abilities. IMO at least. 

Ferrell to me is a more consistent player with a higher floor. Even if Burns becomes a double digit sack guy, he could be a liability in some areas like setting the edge. He has a wicked first step and bend but I don’t think he’ll be able to just sprint around NFL tackles like he did at FSU. Give me Ferrell>Burns but I would still take Burns over Murphy/Baker/Greedy.

11 minutes ago, jebrick said:

In any other year, Ferrell is a top 10 player.  If he falls, it is great talent at 20.

I think he's got the Tuitt like situation.  It's not the depth of the draft, it's a last year injury that makes it look like he isn't all that great and could slip because of it.

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Give me Ferrell>Burns but I would still take Burns over Murphy/Baker/Greedy.

This +1.  If I see Ferrell on the board at 20, I take him over everyone related to us, including Bush.  With all the stuff about Ferrell out there about loving football, being a high character guy, all Academic, and all of that, I do not worry about transition.  This guy is a beast that we want in Black and Gold.

With the depth of the CBs in round 2/3, I would take Burns at this point over all of the CBs, as we know that they all have issues.  Burns is not as good as Ferrell, but better than Dupree and a long term fix.  There is no alpha CB anyway, so as long as we get Love, Oruwariye, Williams, or (gulp) Layne in round 2, I am good.

WR/TE/$ in round 3/4.

I'm not going to lie the only pics I think I would not come down off the ledge for in the first round of this draft is someone like darnellsavage or a quarterback unless by some Act of God it's Kyler Murray which we all know his not going to happen so yeah I would absolutely hate both of those pics

3 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

don't we usually do a Pick'em for the draft? I enjoy that.

I created a topic for it about week ago...probably a few spots down on the forum....sorry not sure how to link on phone.

Archived