2019 Draft Discussion

MOSteelers56

Nah this isn't smoke on Sweat, and I can't reveal how I know that.

Greedy, like Ferrell, if you go back a year you see a guy more willing to tackle pre shoulder injury.  Greedy and Walker have had multiple run-ins with their coaches and were major locker room problems though.

Just now, warfelg said:

Greedy, like Ferrell, if you go back a year you see a guy more willing to tackle pre shoulder injury.  Greedy and Walker have had multiple run-ins with their coaches and were major locker room problems though.

I read something about that with Ferrell. Wasn't it turf toe or something like that?

I didn't know that about Greedy. Also, who is Walker? The dude from Georgia?

I mean, Hurst dropped to the 5th after the same diagnosis. I just figured Sweat's wasn't as serious since they let him workout at the combine.

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I read something about that with Ferrell. Wasn't it turf toe or something like that?

I didn't know that about Greedy. Also, who is Walker? The dude from Georgia?

I mean, Hurst dropped to the 5th after the same diagnosis. I just figured Sweat's wasn't as serious since they let him workout at the combine.

Yes turf toe for Ferrell.  Much better bend and burst in 2017.

Yes Walker from Georgia.  Word is they ignored coaches, 'freelanced', and argued with teammates regularly.

Hurst's diagnosis was much worse than Sweats, but Sweat's is a major issue.  There's a chance he's a career long rotational player because of it.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Yes turf toe for Ferrell.  Much better bend and burst in 2017.

Yes Walker from Georgia.  Word is they ignored coaches, 'freelanced', and argued with teammates regularly.

Hurst's diagnosis was much worse than Sweats, but Sweat's is a major issue.  There's a chance he's a career long rotational player because of it.

I'm not a huge fan of adding problem players after we got rid of out own problem players. I'm still firmly on the Ferrell wagon, hopefully he doesn't go higher now that Sweat is falling. I'm hoping for a run on O-linemen and WR before our pick. 

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm not a huge fan of adding problem players after we got rid of out own problem players. I'm still firmly on the Ferrell wagon, hopefully he doesn't go higher now that Sweat is falling. I'm hoping for a run on O-linemen and WR before our pick. 

Last I hear is up to 4 OL can go top 20, the 3 QBs, 2 ILBs, 6 DL, 2 WR's.  So that's 17 of the picks accounted for.  1 QB, Edge are the unknown right now.

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Last I hear is up to 4 OL can go top 20, the 3 QBs, 2 ILBs, 6 DL, 2 WR's.  So that's 17 of the picks accounted for.  1 QB, Edge are the unknown right now.

I heard that a lot of teams are looking to load up on O-line this year because of a perceived weakness in the class next year. That might affect the later rounds, though.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Nah this isn't smoke on Sweat, and I can't reveal how I know that.

What do you do for a living? You seem to have  A LOT of connections.

Just now, wwhickok said:

What do you do for a living? You seem to have  A LOT of connections.

Golf instructor.  I've in Richmond Va, spend a lot of time at Redskins TC and got to know some guys there.  Have worked with Aaron Brooks, Mike Vick.  Also Matt Feiler is the brother-in-law with a friend, and my mom's neighbor was Dana Holgrenson and Jeff Hostetler.  So....I know a few people lol.

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Golf instructor.  I've in Richmond Va, spend a lot of time at Redskins TC and got to know some guys there.  Have worked with Aaron Brooks, Mike Vick.  Also Matt Feiler is the brother-in-law with a friend, and my mom's neighbor was Dana Holgrenson and Jeff Hostetler.  So....I know a few people lol.

Awesome man. I was just curious. Its cool that you have those experiences. I enjoy hearing about them.

I’ll be just as upset if we take any of the corners over Ferrell as well. 

If Ferrell, Sweat, Bush, Burns (not a huge fan and I’m an FSU alum but it would be good value) are off the board I’m hoping we pull off a trade down with Texans, Colts, or maybe Chargers and select BPA out of Baker, Greedy, Murphy, CGJ, or Savage.

Trade down would allow us to move back up into the 2nd with our Raiders pick and still have two 3rds or 4ths, something like that.

Archived