2019 Draft Discussion

MOSteelers56

4 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

It may sound stupid but...if Marquise Brown wasn’t ABs cousin, I’d seriously consider him @ 1.20.

after everything that has happened since week 16 I am all about all ties being cut. That includes keeping any story line about him away from our team and drafting his cousin would do nothing but add to the story line. People can call it whatever they want but i want nothing to do with that kid either.

31 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I will not surprise me if the Steelers take Hollywood Brown.  He fits the bill for what they need.  To me it is wrong to take a WR in the 1st round, especially in this draft.

I agree MOSTLY. The depth at WR is clear. However, if the CBs are gone and the Edge players are gone and it's between him and a TE, I go Hollywood. I don't blame the man for the sins of his cousin (not suggesting you do).

So who falls if Bosa, Burns, allen, Ferrell, Sweat, White, Bush G. Williams, Murphy and Baker are gone?  That is 1/2 the picks.  Add Murphy, Haskins and Lock.  Add Quinnen Williams and probably Hockenson.  also the top OL Jawaan Taylor, Garrett Bradbury, Jonah Williams and Risner.  We could add McCoy and Ford to the possibilities.

Guess that 2-3 OL are taken in the top 19. That leaves just 1-2 other players before the Steeler pick.  I'm even ignoring if any Wr are taken before the Steelers.

If Ed Oliver falls to the Steelers in the above scenario I would pull a hamstring running to the podium.

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

So who falls if Bosa, Burns, allen, Ferrell, Sweat, White, Bush G. Williams, Murphy and Baker are gone?  That is 1/2 the picks.  Add Murphy, Haskins and Lock.  Add Quinnen Williams and probably Hockenson.  also the top OL Jawaan Taylor, Garrett Bradbury, Jonah Williams and Risner.  We could add McCoy and Ford to the possibilities.

Guess that 2-3 OL are taken in the top 19. That leaves just 1-2 other players before the Steeler pick.  I'm even ignoring if any Wr are taken before the Steelers.

If Ed Oliver falls to the Steelers in the above scenario I would pull a hamstring running to the podium.

I don't see any chance Oliver gets passed ATL. I'd love to have him too. I, honestly, think Edge rushers are going to start getting devalued a bit because of how quickly QB's are getting rid of the ball. I think interior pressure is the future. Imagine a 4 man front with Heyward - Oliver - Hargrave - Tuitt, add in Watt as a SLB with Barron and Dupree playing off ball flying around. That's a really intriguing front 7.

I think someone is going to fall that we weren't expecting.  100% on that train right now.  My gut tells me these CB's are going to go because of the lack of offensive players available.  I don't know if Oliver will fall but I'm going to give you a strange darkhorse that could fall......Devin White.  I know I know.  But hear me out.  ILB is, like RB, one of the more devalued positions in the NFL.  Could we get to draft night, and all these teams in front of us keep passing on him for thinner positions, and White falls in our laps.  Remember this has happened in our past with Heyward, DeCastro, Timmons, Miller, and Roethlisberger.  Teams in front of us those years needed those guys, but aside from Ben, they were all undervalued positions.

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't see any chance Oliver gets passed ATL. I'd love to have him too. I, honestly, think Edge rushers are going to start getting devalued a bit because of how quickly QB's are getting rid of the ball. I think interior pressure is the future. Imagine a 4 man front with Heyward - Oliver - Hargrave - Tuitt, add in Watt as a SLB with Barron and Dupree playing off ball flying around. That's a really intriguing front 7.

I would not line them up like that.  Tuitt is not an outside pressure guy, and Heyward is an edge contain guy.  I would move Tuitt inside and Oliver outside (Oliver got to Houston as a DE).

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think someone is going to fall that we weren't expecting.  100% on that train right now.  My gut tells me these CB's are going to go because of the lack of offensive players available.  I don't know if Oliver will fall but I'm going to give you a strange darkhorse that could fall......Devin White.  I know I know.  But hear me out.  ILB is, like RB, one of the more devalued positions in the NFL.  Could we get to draft night, and all these teams in front of us keep passing on him for thinner positions, and White falls in our laps.  Remember this has happened in our past with Heyward, DeCastro, Timmons, Miller, and Roethlisberger.  Teams in front of us those years needed those guys, but aside from Ben, they were all undervalued positions.

If White gets down to the 15th pick or so, teams are going to start trying to trade in front of the Steelers. So I would hope the Steelers would be on the phone trying to move up as well.

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

In that scenario does White and Bush fall? I saw a mock over in the mock forum that had White falling to 13 and us trading up for him. 

Archived